+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I got the 'I'm not schizophrenic its just a word the doctors and I use to easily explain my condition'.

my ex is a tradie- he does plenty of cash work including selling thousands of $$ every year worth of copper and renting out the granny flat under his house and not declaring it. Has all the latest gadgets- iphone ipad Macbook air, brand new thousand $ bbq, takes the girlfriend on $600 a night away weekends etc. Guess I can't complain that he pays the CSA assessed child support each week.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by murrythecat View Post
    thanks for the link - but my ex won't even go to mediation and he's refusing voluntary supervised access.. anything I suggest he refuses so he's not going to go to a psychiatrist I suggest to him.. he won't even produce any evidence from his one... I'm standing by my statement to him that if he doesn't produce the documents he can't see the children unsupervised till it's safe. in the mean time I guess he's going to claim hardship (while driving a brand new car and working cash in hand on the side) to get out of our csa agreement.. ..yeah he really 'cares' about the kids...
    In order for him to claim hardship he would have to do a change of assessment which is the process by which he has to lay out all his financial details both incoming and outgoing to csa. Its nothing short of invasive. They will also look at the assets he has and yours as well. Its not just a straight forward process of saying "gosh im hard done by at the moment" etc. He has to provide proof.

The only way around this process for the same situation would be for him to lodge an estimate of income, which you can then object to. If he has previously lodged an estimate which has been found to be incorrect you can ask them to reject it based on those grounds as well I believe. Either way, you will have an opportunity to object at any point when he requests a change to the assessment. Both of which will bring him under more scrutiny. However, as he seems to be a man of words rather than action, I wouldnt worry until such time as they notify you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Is there any chance you could get him sectioned, my sil did in New Zealand last year to her ex, he was totally off the rails with bipolar and wouldn't take his drugs.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Gosh it was a surprise to see this old thread.

Update: my ex took his own life 8 weeks ago.

I was right. He was mentally ill. I was glad I didn't let him take the two youngest unsupervised as his psychologist suggested. It's been a nightmare time as his family lived overseas and I had to organise funeral and everything. He cleaned out every bank account and has massive debts but looks like he might have death benefit in his super accounts for the children so my solicitor is looking in to it.

I used to love him once and now I just feel sorry for him, me and the children who ave now lost their father at such a young age. He was 41. So sad.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Im sorry the hear this. Be kind to yourself and take things a small step at a time. Mental illness can be a terrible thing and sadly destroy many lives.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to babybabycakes For This Useful Post:

murrythecat  (20-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Mental illness is such a devastating illness for everyone involved. Im so sorry for you and your children.