+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Sleep walking

Anyone experience it with young children? What causes it?

Last night DS went to the toilet in his room in a bucket. He obviously thought it was the toilet! While it was funny (actaully halarious)- I'd prefer he get a good night sleep in his own bed.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes my son has done it. I woke up one night with him peeing in the bath When I asked him about it the next day he said he couldn't remember. He's done it a few times but not recently.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to cuddlz For This Useful Post:

SimplyMum  (01-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    My son does too and sometimes a bit scary.... You never really know where you will find him asleep the next morning!! So all doors locked for us.
    Apparently it can be a subconscious for wanting to go to the toilet. If we see our ds sleepwalking we just very gently and carefully guide him to the toilet and back to bed. Make sure you never wake them up though. If you are there just make sure they are safe and try guide them back to bed but do not wake them. Good luck?!?!?! Our boy has pretty much grown out if it now but it did go on for a few years, on and off.
    :-)

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Missy2579 For This Useful Post:

SimplyMum  (01-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I'm 35 and still sleep walk and talk so dh thinks its inevitable that ds will ... I think we had our first experience of it the other night, all he wanted to do was eat an ice block sitting in his toy bucket facing the wall 😳

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Me&MrMagoo For This Useful Post:

SimplyMum  (01-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Me&MrMagoo View Post
    I'm 35 and still sleep walk and talk so dh thinks its inevitable that ds will ... I think we had our first experience of it the other night, all he wanted to do was eat an ice block sitting in his toy bucket facing the wall 😳
    Oh, too funny!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My DD does it nearly every night. Three or four trips from her room to ours bringing toys to our bed. She is sound asleep. Drives me nuts. Toss in nightmares and nobody but her is sleeping. I would LOVE to know how to stop it.

Ana Gram is offline 2008 WINNER - straight shooter award
    Winner 2008 & 2009 - Community Minded thread
    Winner 2009 - Mod Award - most passionate member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    I was a sleep walker. My parents had to make sure the married quarters they got were me proof.

DD has sleep activity as well. It's mostly confined to her room but she has ventured out once or twice. I once woke up at 2am to knocking on the wall. I discovered her standing on her bed, knocking on the wall. Another time, at 2am I woke to her crying. I went in and she had the doona between her index finger and thumb and told me 'I can't go on like this!' and indicated to the doona.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was a sleep walker as a child and got into all sorts of stuff with it. I once wee'd in my brothers ear while he was sleeping. It stopped after I reached puberty but a week ago I went to bed in my bed and woke in ds1 bed halfway through the night. My DW also said she found me asleep on the floor the other night. Not sure what causes it or why it has started again but if anyone could explain I would appreciate it too

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My boy sleeps walks too (he is 6)..just the other night he came down the hallyway and pee'd on the wall and carpet! He has also come to the kitchen, got a cup from the cupboard and gone to the toilet and tried to get a cup full of water by pressing the button and holding the cup against the cistern(we have a water dispenser that the kids get water from). Its always quite amusing to see what he will do. We generally direct him back to bed and he often semi-wakes, looks confused and climbs back into bed. Next morning her remembers nothing.

He also had really bad night terrors for a while when he was about 3/4, same time every night. Was awful for us seeing him so distressed, but he had no recollection of it in the morning and he just seemed to outgrow it.

Don't know if there is anything you can do to stop it. I often wonder if he gets up in the night when we are asleep, but I think it mostly happens in the early evening 9-10pm, which is the same time as his night terrors were.