+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thankyou for all the fantastic advice...

SUPER TROOPER:

You can take inner health plus when pregnant! I went to the chemist and found out!

Hopefully it goes away now!!! And I can get some sleep!!

Witwicky is offline A closed mouth gathers no foot.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by angelsfromheaven View Post
    Yeah that's what got rid of mine last time the insertable tablet. But last time I was not pregnant.

Is it ok to use thrush treatment internally when pregnant?

MIL recommended inner health plus.

Can we take inner health plus when pregnant?

Also can we take acidophilus when pregnant?

I've never had any problems with thrush when pregnant until now...

Glad to see I'm not the only one! It's so horrible!!!
    It is definitely safe to use the vaginal tablet while pregnant. I was prone to thrush during my pregnancies - the no-no is the oral tablet. You can double check with the pharmacist though, just ask to speak to them and explain that you are pregnant They will probably give you a spiel about using your finger instead of the applicator etc.

Acidophilus is Inner Health Plus, and yes it's safe to take as well. There are other brands as well though, IHP isn't the only one

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ah id forgotten all about inner health plus! .... used to take it all the time.

And gosh i luff bubhub - i have been told by several gps/pharmacists that the pessary is not safe during pregnancy. Will be heading down to the local pharmacy tomorrow (have moved since last asked) to see what they say... The pessaries work a treat when im not UTD

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I thought I should add that the pessary I use is Category A The canestan brand.

Thanks
    Reviews
    both my doctor and pharmacist said i was fine to use the vaginal tablet inserted with my fingers,

i had constant thrush til i used the vaginal tablet even though i was using the cream externally

Sent from my T3020 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Do u have an obstetrician??I would be calling them prior to any bext appt for a chat if your thrush is tgat nastyHope its better for u soon!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I used Canesten cream sparingly but I wouldn't personally take the tablet. I recommend:

* go off sugar altogether for a week or so if you can (very hard, I know) and the websites about it also reckon potatoes and something else are bad, too.
    * Eat lots of natural yoghurt - I always found the concept of it "down there" a bit icky and it didn't feel right for me on the one occasion I tried it.
    * salt baths can be soothing. tea tree oil in it can also be helpful but stings!
    * pour cold water between your legs after a shower then pat dry - thrush grows best in warm moist conditions.
    * air yourself - wear loose breathable clothing, no synthetics / lycra etc,. Cotton is best.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I hope somethings helping you.
    I always get recurring thrush, no matter what I would get a bad bout every 2months or so. Tablets didn't work for me, anti fungal tablets didn't prevent it.. I went to get a bunch of tests done to get special cream and tablets made up but found out pregs,

since then it's been Nilstat cream inserted with fingers only (better then canesteen), changed toilet paper to hypoallergenic, changed clothes detergent to liquid to prevent soap powder build up in undies and airing after shower. Seriously, I've noticed when I don't use hypoallergenic TP it starts to come back! Otherwise I've been pregs 4months and since making the changes I haven't had a bout at all.

Definitely try Nilstat and hypoallergenic TP. I think it's just softer on your skin and there's no fragrances that would irritate it. Regular brands like quilton at Coles have them same price as the others.

Thanks
    Reviews
    For toilet paper, honestly you just have to get a recycled cheap brand. A lot of the brands which claim to be hypoallergenic still contain certain dyes, so be cautious about that. The one I use doesn't contain dye, fragrance or bleach. When I was pregnant it made the world of difference.

Also remember that your DH can pass it back to you - sometimes the symptoms aren't as pronounced in males as they are in females. When I was pregnant, we continued DTD after I treated myself and I continued to get thrush - it was because DH had it too and was passing it back. Same goes for washing your underwear together, and the family towels and bedsheets. After you treat it, wash the underwear, towels & bedsheets with canestan rinse or dettol rinse...oh and don't use any fabric softeners.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Witwicky View Post
    For toilet paper, honestly you just have to get a recycled cheap brand. A lot of the brands which claim to be hypoallergenic still contain certain dyes, so be cautious about that. The one I use doesn't contain dye, fragrance or bleach. When I was pregnant it made the world of difference.

Also remember that your DH can pass it back to you - sometimes the symptoms aren't as pronounced in males as they are in females. When I was pregnant, we continued DTD after I treated myself and I continued to get thrush - it was because DH had it too and was passing it back. Same goes for washing your underwear together, and the family towels and bedsheets. After you treat it, wash the underwear, towels & bedsheets with canestan rinse or dettol rinse...oh and don't use any fabric softeners.
    This thread has been so helpful regarding my awful thrush! I cannot thank you all enough! It is easing now (very slowly still bad but not as bad) I am taking inner health plus and using anti fungal cream. For now but may try some of the other suggestions if it doesn't go soon...

As for DTD that's a no go for me right now anyway doctor said 2 weeks no DTD from my severe urinary tract infection. And now I have thrush from the anti biotics he ain't gonna see any action any time soon!

Poor DH!!!