+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Natural baby products by Target!!

I was in target the other day and came across a whole range of natural baby products that I hadn't seen before. I had been searching for a good range of natural products that you don't have to pay through the nose for, so it was a nice surprise!

Picked up the nappy cream for new bubs who is arriving soon, so looking forward to trying that.

There's also a natural teething gel which I'm quite excited about as I've read about the bad stuff that goes into bonjella. Nice to know there's a safe alternative!

We've already used the honey and lemon syrup which was GREAT as I can't get honey and lemon drinks into our 2 year old, but she loved this syrup. It worked a treat- her cold cleared up within a day!

We got the body wash that we are now using for the whole family- used to use QV but can't go back to that now as read about some nasties in that too so it's great to find an alternative! I like the way this can be used for the whole family.

Has anyone else tried any others from the range?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi there what was the name of the product?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Id love to know too

Thanks
    Reviews
    It's called 'target naturals' - and most of this things I got were from the 'naturals baby' range of the target naturals range.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ok I will have to check it out. Just be careful though - a lot of products that call themselves "natural" actually still contain parabens, petrochemicals and other nasties

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Pleasantly surprised

Yes, although "natural" is thrown around a lot, in this case, the products specify "No parabens, No lauryl sulfates, No artificial colours, No artificial fragrance" on the front of every item.

Quote Originally Posted by SugarplumMummy View Post
    Ok I will have to check it out. Just be careful though - a lot of products that call themselves "natural" actually still contain parabens, petrochemicals and other nasties

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to apostrophe For This Useful Post:

laurea  (02-03-2012),peoniesarepretty  (09-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    So I found the natural products at Target - how wonderful!
    However I found one of the products contained canola as an ingredient - I have usually steered clear of canola as I believed it was toxic and genetically modified?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    So I found the natural products at Target - how wonderful!
    However I found one of the products contained canola as an ingredient - I have usually steered clear of canola as I believed it was toxic and genetically modified?
    It can be gm but it's not toxic

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Atropos View Post
    It can be gm but it's not toxic
    Canola is a natural pesticide along with soybean oil & because of this I assumed was toxic or not very healthy to be consuming or using?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Canola is a natural pesticide along with soybean oil & because of this I assumed was toxic or not very healthy to be consuming or using?
    It's a safe and healthy oil or humans. Old fashioned canola was made from rapeseed which does have a higher level of toxicity but these days it's made from the canola plant which was naturally cross bred from rapeseed and does not contain the same level of toxicity. Link from the Mayo Clinic- http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/canola-oil/AN01281
    Rapeseed oil is the pesticide. There are loads of crack brained websites saying canola is evil, causes mad cow, is used to make mustard gas and causes cancer etc- but if you use common sense and reputable sources, there is loads of ino on the safety and benefits of canola.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Atropos For This Useful Post:

SugarplumMummy  (02-06-2012)