+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Anyone had a First Response test read negative when you were pregnant?

Not sure why I am torturing myself, but...

Has anyone done a First Response early test a day or two before your period was due, had it say negative, but actually be pregnant?

According to the packet it's 98% accurate 3 days before your missed period (or thereabouts). So I'm guessing that if I have a negative today, and AF is technically due Friday, but usually comes Thursday (tomorrow), then it is almost definitely the case that I'm not pregnant.

Just wondered if there was any little glimmer of hope left...?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Bump...?

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710a using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes I have, I done a fr got a neg then the next day I done a fr with mid morn pee and got strong pos. Fingers crossed for you

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using BubHub

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Nellpops For This Useful Post:

Guest654  (29-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had three neg tests after I had missed my period 4, 8 and 12 days. So i moved on. Felt il a bit later on and went to the doc

Blood test pos and doc thought 7/8 wks. US the week after and guess what? Measured 10wks!!!!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Rose&Aurelia&Hannah For This Useful Post:

Guest654  (29-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you! Good to know there might still be some hope

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Girl X View Post
    Thank you! Good to know there might still be some hope
    I'm odd with my hormones. With my DD I had neg POAS tests till I was over 8wks too.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Rose&Aurelia&Hannah For This Useful Post:

Guest654  (01-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you! Usually today would be the day when AF arrives, and I have never once had it arrive later (although sometimes earlier).

Still no AF, and still a negative on the FR test.

According to the packet it's 99% accurate by now, so I'm guessing that means I can't be pregnant, but I don't feel at all periody.

I've been going through fertility treatment for a while and this is the closest I've ever come to thinking it might have worked, but I keep reminding myself that the test is 99% accurate by now.

Blood test tomorrow if AF hasn't come...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I did a fr the day af was due and got such a faint line that I couldn't even see it til dh did, and it didn't appear for. A good minute! A clear blue digital came back pos the same day but took aggges!

I'm about six weeks (scan Tuesday) with ds I got a good strong bfp days before af was due!

Good luck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you! And congratulations, Uh-oh!

Arghh.. think I'm driving myself insane!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Yup!

Wasn't sure on my cycle and I took a test on the Tuesday I think (AF was probably due on the Monday). It was a negative. Still no sign of AF on the Friday (and I just had a feeling I was pregnant) so I took another test and got a very faint positive. Got a more definite positive on the following Monday.

Good luck Girl X!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to smallpotatoes For This Useful Post:

Guest654  (01-03-2012)