+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    My mum has said a number of times how bizarre she finds it these days that females wait for the male to propose. When she got married (in the 70s) she reckons you just picked a ring and started planning a wedding, there was no ceremonial "popping of the question".

I also find it ridiculous but then I generally detest weddings and all that stuff anyway so I have always assumed that it was just me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by shelle65 View Post
    My mum has said a number of times how bizarre she finds it these days that females wait for the male to propose. When she got married (in the 70s) she reckons you just picked a ring and started planning a wedding, there was no ceremonial "popping of the question".

I also find it ridiculous but then I generally detest weddings and all that stuff anyway so I have always assumed that it was just me.
    No, I'm the same. I can't stand the "my day" scene. Sounds strange because I want to be married, but I don't want the princess fairytale wedding day. I just want DP to be my husband, simply.

My parents were the same - their parents weren't happy that they were "living in sin" so they got married, no frills.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by shelle65 View Post
    That's what my parents always said too but I figured Mum was just making that up to avoid the embarrassing proposal story! She said it just kinda happened...?? Very disappointing to me and my romantic dreams hahaha.

I'm surprised to realise it wasn't just my parents.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I did in 2008. Wasn't 29th feb either

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by TripleTime View Post
    I did in 2008. Wasn't 29th feb either
    Same here. Who knows when he would have got around to it. I knew this was it so just didn't want to wait.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    If I was going to propose to DP, I'd do it regardless of a silly leap year... but if I did, he would say no. He's let me know this. He's not into having a girl propose to him. He'll do it himself apparently. I've told him he better hurry up then, I'm sick of waiting.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I didnt even know about this myth/old wives tale until a chick at work told me bout it
    Took me 2 FB statuses today to click too
    Meh, I think its cool for either gender to propose,and it doesnt have to be a big huge romantic deal!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I did Even bought him a ring the day after i asked him! It was September the 3rd, not a leap year and about a week after i asked him i realised it was my wedding anniversary from my previous marriage

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just got a call from my brother who happily said yes this morning! He had her ring ready to go and was thinking of how to ask. Looks like she beat him to it!

CONGRATULATIONS big brother!!

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kitkat13 For This Useful Post:

Benji  (01-03-2012),squirrelex  (29-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mrsdj1234 View Post
    8 years ago today I did

Sent from my GT540 using BubHub
    Is that 8 years or really 32years hehe (leap year time)