+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Any ladies popping the question today?

As the legend goes, followed by a movie with the same concept - leap year... The year where the ladies can apparently ask a bloke to marry them (apparently not acceptable on any other day of the week?). Anyone using this as an excuse to muster up the courage and bite the bullet?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I would be too scared that DP would just laugh at me so no!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think it's bs.. I asked my hubby to marry me 4 years ago on boxing day, I didn't know about the leap year thing and crikey I'd still be waiting!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good on you Alisonc - who says we can rely on men to get their stuff together at the best of times

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    No way.. I thought about proposing in the past but was told (by other women) that me asking = somehow nagging or forcing him into something he doesn't want Yet if he asks me it's romantic, thoughtful etc... blah.

Not doing it!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Benji View Post
    No way.. I thought about proposing in the past but was told (by other women) that me asking = somehow nagging or forcing him into something he doesn't want Yet if he asks me it's romantic, thoughtful etc... blah.

Not doing it!!
    Seriously!? That's silly! Some people are so backwards.

I hope your DP pops the question soon!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    8 years ago today I did

Sent from my GT540 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by waterlily View Post
    Seriously!? That's silly! Some people are so backwards.

I hope your DP pops the question soon!!!
    Thanks and, yes, I was miffed too! It's strange to be told "don't do it, he'll do it when he's ready" etc..... doesn't matter if I'm ready and would like to propose apparantly because I have a v@gina!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Pfft. I asked mine several times. If at first you don't succeed!!! When people have asked 'oh how did he do it' it's a little anticlimactic to admit that I pointed to a ring, said 'I want that one' and apparently the 57th time you ask is the charm.

We have a child, we'd lived together 5 years, we'd been TTC for 2 years for baby number 2, seriously I deserved my ring!

And because I asked for it & he gave it to me doesn't make it mean any less

(and he never said 'no' he didnt want to get married, he just said we couldn't afford it... So I wound up with a ring a 10th the value of the first rings I pointed out 4.5 years ago)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Benji View Post
    Thanks and, yes, I was miffed too! It's strange to be told "don't do it, he'll do it when he's ready" etc..... doesn't matter if I'm ready and would like to propose apparantly because I have a v@gina!!!

I took the road less travelled as well, and DH and I have been happily married for 7 years this year!!

I had everything all planned out - dinner, the perfect place, I even bought him a ring (we then got a diamond set into it for the wedding ceremony). And then I got chicken pox. DH just couldn't understand why I was so upset that I was sick. I decided just to go ahead with it anyway, if he didn't want to marry me covered in spots, in sickness and in health and all that, then it wasn't meant to be. I got down on one knee in my stylish flannelette pyjamas on the living room floor covered in calamine lotion and he still said yes. Now it is just a memorable story that we look back on and giggle at.

DH has admitted to me many a time that he very likely still would not have popped the question if I hadn't have done it and that he thought it was brilliant that I took the pressure of him. And I am ok with that.

I'm a strong, independent woman and I was ready and I didn't see the point in waiting. Life's too short.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to thinkingaboutit For This Useful Post:

shelle65  (29-02-2012)