+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    We have a Baby Bjorn, an Ergo, a Hug a Bub and a Goldbug Sling and Hip Carrier - the Bjorn and Goldbug were presents so luckily I didn't have to pay for them!

Out of them, we use probably the Ergo the most - she sleeps in it easier, and it's great for my shoulders/back. I also use the hug a bub at home - it's extremely comfy - if you tie it correctly!

The Bjorn has become my DH's carrier, it's great when we are out and about and it's not her nap time - she can look outwards. I think he finds it comfortable enough, but I find it digs in at my shoulders. Also, as PPs have pointed out, it isn't great for bubs hips etc cause they sort of hang there as opposed to sitting in it, like they do the ergo.

I bought my Ergo second hand - I wasn't going to get it because I had heard the hype but thought that it was probably overrated, but then I saw it cheap and thought 'why not' - now I'm glad I bought it!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to smallpotatoes For This Useful Post:

summastarlet  (29-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 26/9/2014100 Posts in a week
    Thanks for everyone's input. Will check out the beco and manduca as well as a hugabub. Are they all suitable for my DH to wear also?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Beco Gemini is great as it also allows for front carry where the baby faces outwards. I wish I had have gotten it earlier instead of a cheapie carrier.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to nerdgirl99 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    I like my pikkolo (cat bird baby). I have bought the support belt but haven't used it. I wish I had bought a prettier one than just the plain black one so DH could wear it too. He has never worn it and never likely to.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Hullabalu For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have an Ergo Original and an Ergo Performance, and I would definitely recommend the Performance over the Original. I always found the original a bit too bulky to wear, but the performance is fantastic! It's much less bulky, is lighter, and it has a bit higher back which is great for my giant kids. My youngest is 23 months, nearly 1m tall and 18.5kg and I can easily carry him in my Ergo Performance (I am only a smallish person) with no strain on my back at all!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Pippy&Woof For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wrena View Post
    Wow, those becos are gorgeous! Do they have a head cover for when bub is sleeping.
    They sure do, its removable and the waistband has a little pocket to store it. It also comes with a removable infant insert. Another thing i liked about the Beco is that its two piece sewn together, so if you want to switch baby from person to person you just undo the adult clips (shoulderblades and waist) and pass baby over, you dont need to take baby out, pass over carrier then restrap baby in. Its also really easy to get bub onto your back. I <3 my Beco. I would also consider getting a wrap, such as a girasol, a friend has a few and they look really comfortable, but i hate tying straps, i prefer buckles.

Also message me for a link to another site that sells even prettier Becos. I paid $200 including postage for mine.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to IndigoJ For This Useful Post:

smallpotatoes  (29-02-2012),summastarlet  (29-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I have a bubbamoe sling and a baby k'tan. The baby k'tan is like a wrap but without all the wrapping. Have a google if you're interested. I got mine from ebay. It's very comfortable and really easy and quick to put on.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Bibs For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am currently searching the Internet for a good deal on the manduca because everything I've read about them seems fantastic. Although the boba also looks good

Milky mumma since July 2011

15. The Following User Says Thank You to nudge88 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    the bjorn types carriers will not support your back properly and it's not recommended to carry your bub with them for long periods.

The other SSC ( manduca, beco) that were recommended here will support you better and allow your bub to sit in m-position ( when the baby knees are in the same level or higher than his belly button like the letter M) which is the natural way for them to sit.

Stretchy wrap will become not comfortable when your baby will be heavier so if you're considering getting a wrap you might prefer a woven one.

Saying that, the manduca is very versatile. you can cross the straps on your back and that make it even more comfortable , and you can unzip the back for more support and discrete breastfeeding
    I love my manduca!

17. The Following User Says Thank You to karenho For This Useful Post:

summastarlet  (01-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by missie_mack View Post
    If you are considering a hugabub I would try a sleepy wrap instead. They are currently on sale for under $30! Great for small bubs up until about 7kg. Unfortunately though only a short term fix and yes my husband wore it as much as I did.
    I LOVE LOVE LOVE LLOVE LOVE my Sleepy Wrap !!!

It is made for heavier than 7kg though... I have my 8kg 4 month old in it most days... my 17month old still loves it too

It takes a couple of times to learn to tie it right , but once you've got it - HEAVEN !

I've NEVER had back pain in it and when my little one was quite sick in hospital last weekend his heart rate was quite low , but went up closer to normal soon after going in the wrap.THe nurses were amazed.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to ScrambledPancakes For This Useful Post:

summastarlet  (15-03-2012)