+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Did you get another good night Indigo?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    First night we got 3in the cot then 6 in the cot. The next night we got 5 in the cot, 5 in my bed. Last night was 7 in the cot 3.5 with me. Im happy with how its going. I feed him at 6pm, then 10pm then bed. If he wakes at night i feed him as he goes straight back to sleep then in his room again unless i fall asleep. I dont know if its because all his teeth are through, or because he is older, or because of the feeding times. But im not going to count my chickens, or get excited yet.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Wow, Indigo. That's GREAT! Some real progress. I hope you've found the key to your little guy and it keeps on working. I'm really happy for you!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to BaronessM For This Useful Post:

IndigoJ  (03-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BaronessM View Post
    Wow, Indigo. That's GREAT! Some real progress. I hope you've found the key to your little guy and it keeps on working. I'm really happy for you!

Thank you

Not so good tonight. Asleep at 1030 awake at 1100pm. Trying to get him back down now.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    So glad to hear you've had some progress! I'm sure a few bad nights will happen along the way but hopefully it's the beginning of good things to come!

We're going through a poor night sleep phase - DD is taking an hour to go down then waking 3 times through the night. She just seems extra hungry at night (bottle fed) so I'm assuming growth spurt and hoping it goes back to only 1 feed soon!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Cue For This Useful Post:

IndigoJ  (04-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Cue View Post
    So glad to hear you've had some progress! I'm sure a few bad nights will happen along the way but hopefully it's the beginning of good things to come!

We're going through a poor night sleep phase - DD is taking an hour to go down then waking 3 times through the night. She just seems extra hungry at night (bottle fed) so I'm assuming growth spurt and hoping it goes back to only 1 feed soon!

Thank you

Last night was terrible, 30min in his cot, then 30min in his cot then hourly wake ups in bed with me

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by IndigoJ View Post
    Thank you

Last night was terrible, 30min in his cot, then 30min in his cot then hourly wake ups in bed with me
    Oh no! I meant to ask - how are his day sleeps? Did you try the tresillian number I posted?

I am wracking my brain to try to think of something that might help!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Do you put him down for
    Days sleeps at the same time every day? Is he having a couple of solid sleeps during the day or does he cat nap??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Cue View Post
    Oh no! I meant to ask - how are his day sleeps? Did you try the tresillian number I posted?

I am wracking my brain to try to think of something that might help!
    He was doing ok so i didnt worry, but after tonight i will ring, he went down at 12am, woke at 230, its now 330 and he is still awake.

Quote Originally Posted by kristybabe View Post
    Do you put him down for
    Days sleeps at the same time every day? Is he having a couple of solid sleeps during the day or does he cat nap??
    His day sleep a few mths ago was 1030, he would sleep for 2-3hrs, he would self settle. We've just come back from holiday, since then he wont self settle and he will only sleep 30min-1hr combined, from 800am to 12am. But the whole 'sleep means sleep" thing doesnt apply to him, he can have the best day for naps but it has no bearing on the nights sleep.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by IndigoJ View Post

The only thing i can think of is was his last milkies was at 4pm, then not again until bedtime (pfft) at 9pm when we started trying to put him to sleep. Then he had another feed at 2am, so maybe instead of small feeds here and there (he is fed on demand) i could withhold (dont like this idea) milkies until bedtime. The only thing i worry about with this is he doesnt get much solids into him at dinner so im worried his weight will suffer more than it already is. Another thing that may have made a difference is he has all his teeth cut now until his 12mth molars. (grasping at straws here)
    Indigo you poor thing....it's a continuing battle for you.

I know you live on an island far from any sleep school but would it be worth your while flying over to one? I highly recommend Tresillians. Last time we were at Tresillian there was a family from QLD who flew over - they achieved great success after the week of sleep training. Also while they were there, they trialled bubs on reflux meds and monitored his response. You may also benefit by getting his feeds sorted. The education, in house work shops, support and free night/ rest night you receive at Tresillians is valuable.

Certainly try to stretch out his feeds. If he is a reflux bubs, sometimes feeds can make it worse. My DS was previously a (breasfed) silent reflux bubs. Spacing out feeds made a huge difference. It's a cycle you have to break. Perhaps he's not taking big milk feeds or solids coz he is constantly snacking. Try one day of spacing feeds - yes he he may drink or eat little (for the first day) but then hopefully he ups his feeds (the day after).

Our paediatric GP used to say that sometimes babies wake coz something they've eaten or drunk causes some irritation in some way. Try a food diary. Also she (paed GP) believes that babies (well established on solids and protein) who are fed often overnight wake frequently coz milk feeds are energy for the body.

Space out feeds and decrease bfeeding times gradually overnight. See if this helps. You can only try.

Also changing over to goats milk formula helped my DS reflux to settle down. He was waking frequently during the day and night due to having an intolerance to cows milk (which caused bloating and reflux)

Thinking of you.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to HJL5mum For This Useful Post:

IndigoJ  (06-03-2012)