+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Ulysses is offline In the eyes of a child you will see...the world as it should be.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    no cry sleep solution by elizabeth pantley…….best book ever & worked for my baby.

its quick & to the point w good solutions.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Ulysses For This Useful Post:

IndigoJ  (29-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I have the book, i read it and tried it, no luck.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Could it be a food issue? Have you considered trying Failsafe?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Indigo, was just reading this thread in front of my partner, who is making healing crystal pendants as I type, and I mentioned talk of crystals in this post. He says Howlite and Lapis Lazuli are good for sleep, and to beware the amethyst ~ it is known as a calming stone, but being a quartz, also energises.

Hope you fare better tonight. Has he always been a disturbed sleeper, or do you think he may 'grow out of it'? Someone in this thread mentioned teething ~ do you think that might be the case? Our little guy is slightly hot as well as being unsettled (not running a fever, but hot to touch and overheats under just a sheet), and being the age for it, I'm wondering if that first tooth is about to make an appearance...(?)

Good luck for a better night.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Elle do you mean for me? Or him? This all started before he started solids so if anything its from me. Ive tried a diet with no dairy and no sugar, i also eat very little wheat.

Ive had a paed look at him and he is healthy, there are no issues that could be causing this. My next step may be a controversial one but the paed suggested reflux even though he shows no signs, so we will try medicating him for a few weeks to see if that helps

He has never slept well, up until 11wks he was waking 4hrly, then at 11wks started waking 1-2 hrly and hasnt stopped. I would have said its from teething but he got his first tooth at 6mths, he is 9mths now and has 8teeth. When would the teeth stop bothering him? Im at a loss, i have no idea what to do with him.

We've just spent an hour CCing him to get him to sleep, DP ended up patting him down. I dont think he will sleep long though, he is a really really really light sleeper so thte slightest thing will wake him up, or he will get to his sleep cycle and wake on his own.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Home sleep programs

Hey, Indigo, not sure about when teeth stop bothering them...but I should imagine possibly when the last one comes through and they settle. Our guy doesn't even have one tooth yet, and I think they're bothering him just shifting under the surface and the fu n will REALLY start once they start to cut through. There's clues for us with the not-quite-fever, and when he bumps himself in the mouth with bottle or sippy cup, he cries (out of character for him), get's tired easier than usual, and is just cranky and screamy during the day The latter two during growth spurts, too.

As well as othes sleep school suggestions, there are sleep programs you can run at home; not sure where you'd find the program, but maybe googling it would turn up results?

Really hope you sort out the puzzle soon.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to BaronessM For This Useful Post:

IndigoJ  (01-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    He went to sleep at 11pm, he woke at 2am. I gave him a feed in bed (took 15min) then put him back in his cot. He slept for 6hrs WTH!!! There was nothing different about the day before. I wish i knew why he sleeps good sometimes and not good other times.

The only thing i can think of is was his last milkies was at 4pm, then not again until bedtime (pfft) at 9pm when we started trying to put him to sleep. Then he had another feed at 2am, so maybe instead of small feeds here and there (he is fed on demand) i could withhold (dont like this idea) milkies until bedtime. The only thing i worry about with this is he doesnt get much solids into him at dinner so im worried his weight will suffer more than it already is. Another thing that may have made a difference is he has all his teeth cut now until his 12mth molars. (grasping at straws here)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Hi Indigo, I noticed DS started sleeping better (he was just like your DS) when I started feeding him 4 hourly - a full feed rather than snacking does help I think

Other things that helped were chiro, feeding purees rather than BLW and stopping feeding to sleep. We still rock DS, he doesn't self-settle but just breaking the feed-to-sleep thing helped so much.

I really feel for you, I hope things improve soon

11. The Following User Says Thank You to duckduckgoose For This Useful Post:

IndigoJ  (01-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I will try him on a feeding schedule to see how we go. I cant swap to purees as he has oral aversion, he wont eat of a spoon, fork, finger, squeezy packet, ive tried everything. There is no chiro here,and i have taken him for wind when he was little but it didnt do a thing. I dont feed him to sleep usually unless im super tired, he just happens to fall asleep whenever he feeds. But he doesnt stay asleep.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi OP,

Sounds like you are having a bad time, you must be exhausted.

I read that you couldn't attend a sleep school due to your location, so wanted to suggest contacting Pinky McKay as does phone consultations.

I hope it gets better for you soon. Sending sleepy vibes your way.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to ilovehats For This Useful Post:

IndigoJ  (01-03-2012)