+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I live on an island so sleep school isnt available. I tried to get into ngala in perth but their helpline and centre is only for WA residents. I rang the EllenBarron centre in Bris when i was there recently but they couldnt help in the short space of time i was there.

Dp tries to help but when he works he cant and he doesnt know how.
    Last edited by IndigoJ; 29-02-2012 at 01:43.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Ive tried patting to sleep in arms, in cot, on belly on back on side, swaddling, dummy, comforter, feeding to sleep, feeding then putting down awake, not feeding him during the night, offering water, dreamfeeds, controlled crying for 1min, controlled crying for 5min, cosleeping (where he feeds all night, using me as a dummy).

He is breastfed, he eats solids, but BLW solids (his choice, he wont eat off a spoon).
    Ive literally tried everything but letting him cry himself to sleep (which isnt an option). He wakes after 2hrs, sometimes 3hrs. He can do it, he has given me a random 11hr sleep and a few random sleeps longer than 6hrs. Nothing consistent and nothing different about the days beforehand.

Ive just put him down, a min later he is awake, and crying.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Call the Tresillian line. It's open 24/7
    Ph: (02) 9787 0855

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Cue For This Useful Post:

IndigoJ  (29-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Sorry about my ridiculously long posts...

Oh, jeez, Indigo..It sounds like you've tried the lot! My little guy (8mo) USED to sleep 8-11hrs overnight, but recently has gone back to waking a couple of times overnight.

He's just moved into a new cot tonight, so I think he's waking more as it's new and different. Am back and forth to him too at mo.

I usually stroke his hair, as I remembar this being soothing when I was a little bubba myself. Lately I just discovered he goes to sleep quickly if his Taggie (tiny organic blankie) is draped over one eye and part of his face, but the SIDS people would hate that idea!

Here's a few more things you could try, if you've not tried them already!

Humming gently...more and more softly, Taking him out for a little wander about in arms (to change the environ/stop the crying cycle), then back to bed. Playing some gentle music, singing a lullaby. Changing his position (my bub's body starts bouncing in his bed, and it wakes him up. If he does this again tonight, I'm going to try boosting up his legs with a cushion, so his knees are at a 90degree angle...works when he has a bellyache). Sleeping with you, but moving him further and further away, into his own space. Reading a book in monotone. Jolly-jumpering him for an hour abt an hour before bed to wear him out (this one works a treat). Some Rescue Remedy under his tongue. A Bach flower remedy for sleep, perhaps? Lavendar oil on the pillow helps me, here and there. Jade stone is supposed to help assist sleep.

I'm not sure, sounds like you've tried the lot!

We have a colour-changing nightlight and sometimes this mesmerizes him off to sleep, other times it just keeps him awake more! During the day, we use a lullaby music box. He hears it and falls asleep almost instantly now.

I don't like the controlled crying thing, as the Special Care nursery nurses' idea of it is that the quicker we are to comfort bubs, the more safe and secure they feel and the less they cry...but you've gotta do what you've gotta do, and anything is worth a shot in your situ.

Good luck, hope SOMETHING starts to work! Let us know if you get anything that helps. If I think of anything else, I'll post again here. Hope you eventually get some sleep, too.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to BaronessM For This Useful Post:

IndigoJ  (29-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you BaronessM, i have sleep crystals (jade, amethyst and jaguar something) No luck so far. He is crawling now so wears himself out, but still not enough. Most of the time he goes to sleep easy but wont transfer to bed. Ive just given him another dummy to try, he took it. And has just drifted off, but he's in my arms.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Asleep, successful transfer. He is on his back (unusual) and has a dummy (first time ever) so i wonder how long he will sleep.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lots of sympathy from me to you.

I hope he slept well and you've managed to get some sleep of your own

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    How did he go Indigo?

Thanks
    Reviews
    He went to sleep at 130 and woke at 430, then was in our bed using me as a dummy from then until 630 and 630 to 900. Its so squishy with him in there i didnt sleep much. Not a bad sleep but not a good one either

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Indigo,

I've responded to some of your previous threads re your DS not sleeping well. It really sounds like you've tried absolutely everything, but I'll throw one more suggestion out there. Once you get him to sleep in the cot, can you go into him just before the 2 hour mark (if that's about how often he's waking) and rock his cot for 10 or so minutes to try and move him into the next sleep cycle without him actually waking up? If that works, you then might be able to start working on getting him to bed for the night a bit earlier. You both must be exhausted .

I know how tiring it is - DS was a shocking sleeper. It took me a combination of moving him into his own room and stopping feeding to resettle to get him to stop waking so much, but I can't tell you how many things I tried before something actually worked. I really hope you find some answers.

ETA: also does he have a bedtime routine? ie. dinner/ bath/ book/ boobie/ bed. If not could you try implemting something like that and then make sure once it's bedtime he doesn't come out of his room, even though it might take some time to settle. He might need a consistent routine (not necessarily based on the clock, but more on the order you do things) to realise it's time to go to bed and you don't come out until it's morning?
    Last edited by decemberbubba; 29-02-2012 at 10:51.