+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default baby refusing bottle

if anyone has any advice please id love to hear it, for the last week my dd has been refusing her formula feeds, crying and tossing her head back whenever the bottle comes near her, we tried changing formula, changing bottle, nothing is working, the doctor recomended hydrolyte but its now been a week and she still needs her milk, she is on solids so i have been trying to put it in her food but she is 8 months so isnt eating much runny stuff anymore so it gets hard, just wondering if anyone has had this problem or any suggestions.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    Funniest Caption
    Have you tried a cup with the soft tip?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hello! DS was doing this a month ago (he's 8.5 months) and I didn't give him lunch for 2 weeks. I spoke to a doctor before coming to this decision and he's aid that it was fine to do this because milk has a lot of nutrition. He had his breakfast and dinner, but no lunch.
    I've now re introduced lunch because he has started drinking his milk BUT it can take me upto an hour to get him to finish his milk. I usually mix the morning milk feed with his breakfast if he doesn't drink it all but with the other feeds, distraction goes a long way.
    Does he have reflux or anything like that? Could he have a sore throat?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by bpac View Post
    Have you tried a cup with the soft tip?
    thanks yeah i have tried that but will only drink water out of it

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkCherry View Post
    Hello! DS was doing this a month ago (he's 8.5 months) and I didn't give him lunch for 2 weeks. I spoke to a doctor before coming to this decision and he's aid that it was fine to do this because milk has a lot of nutrition. He had his breakfast and dinner, but no lunch.
    I've now re introduced lunch because he has started drinking his milk BUT it can take me upto an hour to get him to finish his milk. I usually mix the morning milk feed with his breakfast if he doesn't drink it all but with the other feeds, distraction goes a long way.
    Does he have reflux or anything like that? Could he have a sore throat?
    she was on anti regurgitation formula wich is much thicker so we thought she might have been getting too full so we switched but its not any better, the doctor said her throat was fine i think we will go see a pediatrician! thanks for your help

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I hope you get some answers hun. I understand how hard it is.

xx