+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Exclamation Brown spotting at 6 weeks.

Hey ladies.

I am 6 weeks pregnant, one day from 7. And today was the very first day that i noticed brown spotting... i am so scared and worried about it.

It started this morning, i went to the toilet, wiped, and there was light brown smeared on the paper with CM. I wiped after it a few more times and it went away, i went to the doctors about it several hours after and he got me a referral to get an Ultrasound tomorrow arvo. I am so glad i am going in tomorrow to get it, i want to know what is going on!

After i got home, i had a bit of a nap, and when i woke up and went to the toilet there were brown bits in my undies, it's not red at all, just brown.

To ease a little of my mind, i have been searching over the net about spotting during pregnancy, most of it seems to be normal for most women, while others it's not, so i was wondering if any of you have ever experienced this problem while pregnant? I need most reassurance i can get as this is our very first baby which we don't want to lose

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I've had friends who this has happened too and they have healthy kids now!! Try to relax though it's hard. Not long til tomorrow for your scan. Sending you positive thoughts.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well the spotting has gotten to a light red now, which is even more of a worry. But i really am trying to stay calm for now until tomorrow. I had to put a pad on aswell, because little bits just keep getting onto my undies.
    that everything is okay, and tomorrow i see a little peanut on the U/S. I will keep you posted on what happens.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Hi summer. Sorry to hear things are so stressful. I hope you can rest a bit tonight. Hoping all is good for you tomorrow.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I just want to say Good luck and I hope little peanut is hanging on tight. There are many women who do bleed through out pregnancy..some explained and some are never explained but it does happen and there are many people that can vouch for that I know its a stressful time (Ive been there ) But try to relax as much as you can, there is still hope and Im sending many positive and sticky vibes your way

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi Summer. Wishing u good luck for your scan tomorrow. I had brown spotting from 4 1/2 weeks with my DD which turned to heavy red at 6 weeks and then a mixture of light brown and red till about 12 weeks. I had a scan at 6 weeks and everything looked good except I did have a haematoma (like a bruise) which is where the bleeding was coming from. My pregnancy progressed well and my DD is now 4 years old. My sister also had heavy spotting till she was about 10 weeks. I know it is scarey but spotting can be common during pregnancy. I'm glad you will have a scan tomorrow. Best wishes

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Summer. I had spotting with my DD from 4 1/2 weeks. It started brown and then was heavy and red at 6 weeks. After that it was a mixture of brown/red spotting till about 12 weeks. I had a scan at 6 weeks and everything looked good. They did find a haematoma (like a bruise) and they think that is where the bleeding was coming from. My pregnancy progressed well and my DD is now 4 years old. My sister also had heavy spotting on and off till about 10 weeks. Good luck with your scan tomorrow. I am glad they got you in so quick. Try and get some sleep tonight. Best wishes

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry - my computer is mis behaving. I thought I lost my first post

Thanks
    Reviews
    Let's hope it's just a small bleed and clears up. Take some peace in that there's not a lot of control you can have over the situation! Definitely rest up, perhaps abstain? I was ordered bed rest for my bleed at 6 weeks but there's mixed research as to whether it actually can prevent the worst case scenario.

All the best with your scan - I can imagine the wait is agonizing

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Brown blood is old bloody. Hopefully it's nothing. Good luck.