+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default "Nesting" and the insane things you want to do..

With DD I'm getting rid of everything in our house! I've even managed to convince myself to get rid of the Microwave. Somehow I think that if I get rid of that then I'll be forced to be more organised. But somehow in reality I think it would be a pain in the ..

With DS I was convinced that I could build furniture and make clothes to which neither I have ever done before..

I'm so weird, does anybody else go through this..

2. The Following User Says Thank You to MumDadBoyandGirl For This Useful Post:

Bgirl  (28-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Yep with DD2 i re painted the entire house (on the inside). Bunnings was the place to be haha i was all DIY mad.

Throwing away stuff can be really cathartic. If you have excess (maybe not the microwave) i say chuck it. It does make life easier to have less 'stuff'.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to laurea For This Useful Post:

MumDadBoyandGirl  (28-02-2012),TK35  (01-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I live at my mum's so there wasn't much that needed to be done while I was pregnant with DS1...but I unpacked and re-packed his dresser at least twice a day, and re-made his cot almost daily

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nicoletta For This Useful Post:

laurea  (28-02-2012),MumDadBoyandGirl  (28-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I really have to resist my urges to climb on chairs and ladders to reorganise our height up cupboards and clean the tops of the blinds. I hate it now when DP leaves his clothes on the floor because it hurts my knees to bend down and pick up after him.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lissa23 For This Useful Post:

MumDadBoyandGirl  (28-02-2012),nicoletta  (29-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    The day before I gave birth I 'needed' to arrange all of my books (I have a lot!) by genre and height on the shelves. Everyone who comes to visit notices and I say it's thanks to my nesting instinct.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TheWillowTree For This Useful Post:

laurea  (29-02-2012),MumDadBoyandGirl  (28-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Willow Tree - I did that even before I was pregnant!

When I was pregnant with DS, DH had to convince me often that the walls did not need washing. I had arranged all my cupboards and when that was done I got DH to rearrange the furniture in pretty much every room in the house. Some more than once. He was great and did it most of the time without complaint.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Penny88 For This Useful Post:

MumDadBoyandGirl  (28-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I "need" to wash all no.2's clothes. I also NEED to throw out every item of crap we aren't using... This includes 3 printers, 2 desks, numerous boxes of CRAP... We moved six months ago and we still haven't finished unpacking, and right now it's irritating me.

Even worse is, home is in Sydney, I'm currently in toowoomba for another week!

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to zonlach For This Useful Post:

laurea  (29-02-2012),MumDadBoyandGirl  (28-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by nicoletta View Post
    I live at my mum's so there wasn't much that needed to be done while I was pregnant with DS1...but I unpacked and re-packed his dresser at least twice a day, and re-made his cot almost daily

I could have written that exactly!

16. The Following User Says Thank You to captainscaptain For This Useful Post:

laurea  (29-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I needed to fold all of the towels and sheets in the linen cupboard. I even looked up a demo on youtube of how to fold fitted sheets correctly. I watched it over and over until I got it right!

18. The Following User Says Thank You to carleena For This Useful Post:

laurea  (29-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    **shifty-eyes** I'm like this normally!

I honestly can't function if my cupboards aren't all arranged a certain way.

But I HATE vacuuming, so I'm not your typical clean-freak!

I'm at 20 weeks...I just want to be organised for bubs arrival NOW. I've spent the morning sewing bassinette mattress protectors from an old double bed protector that no longer gets used. I fixate on material I see in the Spotlight catelogue for sheets, but when I get there, it's never good enough.

Honestly, have to talk myself out of organising too much now, as by the time I get to 30 weeks, I won't have anything left to do! The wait will kill me!