+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Rear facing car seats with high weight limits?

Hi there,
    Can anyone recommend me a car seat which has a rear facing capability of 12kg or above, the higher the better?
    Thanks.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I thought all the seats sold in Aust only go to 12kg. The newer seats go by height instead of weight as to when you would turn your child forward facing.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Perhaps they do, I wasn't sure whether there had been any success yet in the movement to get ones more similar to that of America and places in Europe. I've seen 9kg and 12 kg ones here. I've never seen the line ones. Does anyone have any opinion on whether they are better or worse as far as giving you longer before you need to turn your child forward facing? We're keen to keep DD rear facing as long as possible for safety.

Guest Guest
    The one I bought for dd 2 months ago goes by height and has no weight limit, not even in their manuals.
    I bought the BabyLove one. http://www.babylove.com.au/Car-Safet...-Car-Seats.asp

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have a safe n sound platinum for DS. I don't know exactly how tall he is but at our 8 month check he was 90th percentile. He's 11 months now and has about a cm before he reaches that line. Oh he weighs 10 kg. Prior to the platinum I had a sns unity capsule that was rated to 12kg but he grew out of that height wise before he was even close to 12kg.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think the Safe & Sound Meridian AHR can go rear-facing until 12kg.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I rear faced my bubs for as long as they could but I am not sure it was always safer. I had a small 4wd and it meant I had to sit in the rear of the car just so the rear facing car seat had the gap between the front seats and we couldnt use the rear facing in the middle seat as my hubby is tall and there was not enough room to leave a gap. We found the same problem in our big 4wd too the rear facing seat could only go on one side of the car and it still didnt leave me much room in the front of the car which was a bit scary with airbags right in front of my face.