+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Toilet Training

Hi all

I'm after any and all stories and advice regarding toilet training an almost three year old boy. We have been working on it for around 8 weeks and have had very mixed success!!! We have completely dry days, days with many large accidents and days with a few "dribbles" here and there. Sometimes he wees every hour and sometimes he goes dry for 2+ hours. He has the most difficulty when he has friends to play or is busy!!!! I have no problems cleaning up accidents and changing clothes etc. I am just interested to know if my little man is doing what others his age are and what experiences other mums and dads have had

Thanks for reading!!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    3 Day Potting training method! Its so good. My ds was dry day and night from 3 days when he was 26months.

When dd turns 22 months I will be doing the same.

Its hard work but effective. Most I know that have used it found it great. Not all though.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to 1CrazyMoose For This Useful Post:

njfl  (28-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    My Ds was 3 when we started TT about 2 months go, and he sounds EXACTLY like yours! Some days are drier than others, and he still wont tell me when he needs to go. I have to prompt him to go all day! Although each week it gets better and he takes a new step, like one week he learnt to go by himself after I have reminded him, and another week he developed the sense of being uncomfortable when hes wet and will want to be changed ASAP etc.

I've been told that it can take 6 months to TT.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I have a DD but we're in much the same situation with her. She's been TT for a couple of weeks now and some days are better than others. For instance, last Friday I picked her up from childcare and she hadn't had an accident the whole day. But the next morning she had accidents every hour and refused to sit on the toilet. On Monday I was going to give up, take a step back and give it another go in a few weeks but as soon as her nighttime nappy was taken off in the morning she took herself to the toilet all on her own and wee'd. But there continues to be good and bad days. At the moment she prefers to be in Huggies pull ups and is going without accidents for a good part of the day. I'm just encouraging her to go and letting her take the lead with it. I keep telling myself that she's only 2.5 and will get there in the end. Good luck!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Nemmy For This Useful Post:

njfl  (01-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by 1CrazyMoose View Post
    3 Day Potting training method! Its so good. My ds was dry day and night from 3 days when he was 26months.

When dd turns 22 months I will be doing the same.

Its hard work but effective. Most I know that have used it found it great. Not all though.
    What she said!! We started something like this a week ago and it didn't take long to see the results. DD, who's 30m, just had her first totally dry/clean day & night last night. Tips? Stickers for wees on the loo, small cheap toy for poos; ask often if he needs to do a wee or poo (be specific - don't just ask if he needs to use the toilet); let him choose his own big boy underpants; and no pull-ups or night nappies - has to go cold-turkey. I also wake DD up once during the night to do a wee & that keeps her dry till morning. Otherwise LOTS of praise, especially if he's gone for a whole keeping his undies dry/clean.

Yep, I'm totally an expert...(with my week of experience!)

Don't fret too much - he'll get it eventually. I mean, we all do, right? I haven't wet my pants in, like, days

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow! I'm going through the TT stage too and was starting to think I was doing something wrong! Glad to know I'm doing a good job. Have to admit that when my DS has an accident I have to take a few minutes to breathe and not get too upset. Hehe 😄