+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    this post has given me the laugh I needed this morn, I could just imagine the last siren in the morning being "I like to move it" . Ah settled down now , I love the idea of music instead of a siren.

Buttoneska is offline Winner 2010- Most Community Minded Thread Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    ah that brings back memories OP - our school used to play music at morning and at lunch.

they had bells throughout as well but once you heard music you knew you had to be in class by the time the music stopt.

a private anglican school i used to volunteer it didn't have bells at all - they found it was rude and like sorting cattle. There were some clocks around the play areas and the teachers kept track of the time.

Thanks
    Reviews
    DS school uses music in the morning to tell the kids to line up (they all line up in their classlines in the courtyard) and then once the bell goes they all walk to the classroom with the teacher. I don't know what they do during the day, should probably ask him that LOL.

rainbow road is offline look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    My high school never had bells either (private, Anglican). Lots of clocks though.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to rainbow road For This Useful Post:

Buttoneska  (28-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I helped out in a special school a few years ago that did this. It was a new school and full of awesome gadgets

Thanks
    Reviews
    DD's school has music as a three minute warning before the bell in the morning. The last few weeks it has been "funky town" and DD has been singing it non-stop but getting the words wrong...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    DS1's school has a bell, but have been taught if they hear a particular song over the loud speakers, its a school lockdown.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014
    At a previous school my older children attended, they used an old hand bell. It was the year 7s job to ring it, and my eldest complained that it was so loud and painful ringing right next to her classroom.
    This is what i had in primary school too. It was the same deal, year 7's had the responsibility of ringing it.

My DS's school atm has this horrible siren i quite literally jump every time it goes off. It's so loud and piercing... horrible!

His last school had an electronic bell... was just a bell sort of sound though.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Buttoneska View Post
    ah that brings back memories OP - our school used to play music at morning and at lunch.

they had bells throughout as well but once you heard music you knew you had to be in class by the time the music stopt.

a private anglican school i used to volunteer it didn't have bells at all - they found it was rude and like sorting cattle. There were some clocks around the play areas and the teachers kept track of the time.
    yeah my high school ( which was prep-12) didn't have bells it was just normal to check the time and the teachers would shoo you toclass when It was time

Mod-Myztik is offline ADMINISTRATOR
    My April Fools baby
    Winner 2009- Biggest Post-Awards Whinger
    Winner 2010- Biggest Computer Nerd

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    The kids school has a siren and they have three or four of them around the school. Thankfully they've realized there was no need for so many and only have one working now. It was insanely loud and totally unnecessary for a small school.

My primary school had two bells. First the hand bell was rung and everyone had to freeze and the teacher on duty would instruct us to pick up our rubbish or pack away sport equipment or whatever then after that there was a bigger bell hanging on the wall which would be rung to tell us to go into class.
    I can't remember any bells at my high school but I could be wrong. Those years are kinda vague :/