+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Witwicky View Post
    A lot of the companies (including BBH) claim that MCN's are great because they last for more than one baby, but these are two years old and my second baby can't wear them. I have always looked after them incredibly well and washed them as suggested.
    I was thinking about this Witwicky, hence the thread. I'm wondering though, if I expect too much for something that's worn all the time and washed every second day? But then the whole point of them being economical us the fact that they last for more than one child. Ah well, I still love 'em.

Seems like BBH are a bit hit and miss. I'll just have to try a few different brands and see how they hold up in a few years time.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using BubHub

Witwicky is offline A closed mouth gathers no foot.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jonnysmama View Post
    I was thinking about this Witwicky, hence the thread. I'm wondering though, if I expect too much for something that's worn all the time and washed every second day? But then the whole point of them being economical us the fact that they last for more than one child. Ah well, I still love 'em.

Seems like BBH are a bit hit and miss. I'll just have to try a few different brands and see how they hold up in a few years time.

I don't think it's too much to expect if the company themselves claim that they last for more than one child, which is what BBH told me when I purchased over $500 worth of them. I was originally concerned that I would have to buy an entire new stash for each baby, but they alleviated my worries by advising that the one stash would last for a few children, and if I only had one baby then I could apparently sell them secondhand. Here I am with my second child and I need a whole new stash Oh and I can't sell them secondhand either, obviously.

The person from BBH who I spoke with about the issues insinuated that my washing machine or care of nappies or my sons wee was the reason behind their elasticity issues, despite the fact that other nappies that we have used constantly over the years are still working fine (both BBH and other brands). They refused to be held accountable.

It's obvious that this particular batch had elasticity issues, but they won't acknowledge it.
    Last edited by Witwicky; 29-02-2012 at 16:26.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have 2 bbh that I have had since my son was 6months, the elastic is gone but they still work the pul is good, honestly though. I think all the things that pp mentioned eg sons wee washing machine how you wash ect do have a baring on how long they last, the elastic in my itti's were still ok after 1 baby but I don't think they would last 2

My bamboo flats however are still going great and I use the for all sorts of things now. Also I think if you are having babies one after the other, then sure they will last better then if they are stuck in storage
    Also pending on when your children toilet train too eg my boys were tt at 20m and 14m so my nappies only had to last me 3 years technically where as some children are not toilet trained until 3 so to last 2x children that would be 6 years and twice as many washes

Thanks
    Reviews
    So based on the variables it's unreasonable to think that a cloth nappy business should replace nappies that have out lasted one child, in the whole scheme of things if you are using cloth nappies you will save money weather you have to buy more for a second child or have some fixed which is always possible if you can track down someone with seeing skills.
    Most companies have at least a one year warrantee, it's not like it's Tupperware that lasts forever coz it's plastic and will never biodegrade.
    Sorry for my rant I know with my nappies I only used rockin green and I was very particular about line hanging and they occasionally saw the dryer, still after daily hardcore wear and constant washing They held up pretty amazingly

Thanks
    Reviews
    I agree with Maximum, other than my BumGenius nappies bamboo flats certainly go the distance! Covers are pretty cheap to replace, and u certainly would get more than a few years of use out of a set of bamboo flats. They dry quickly too!

I love my Bumboo bamboo flats, regular size is all u need! (though I use toddler size for nights on my 23 month old). The Bumboo wipes are also great, as apart from wipes I also use them for a bit of extra boosting for nights/long car rides etc.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Maximum22 View Post
    So based on the variables it's unreasonable to think that a cloth nappy business should replace nappies that have out lasted one child, in the whole scheme of things if you are using cloth nappies you will save money weather you have to buy more for a second child or have some fixed which is always possible if you can track down someone with seeing skills.
    Most companies have at least a one year warrantee, it's not like it's Tupperware that lasts forever coz it's plastic and will never biodegrade.
    Sorry for my rant I know with my nappies I only used rockin green and I was very particular about line hanging and they occasionally saw the dryer, still after daily hardcore wear and constant washing They held up pretty amazingly
    If they don't last for more than one child, based on so many variables, then the companies should stop advertising that they do I think it's false advertising If they are going to suggest that, then they need to at least offer to *repair* the nappy (I.e.: replace elastic).

I don't use cloth nappies for financial reasons though - my reasons are environmental. But I did have to a factor in choosing *which* cloth nappies (MCN's vs flats). It seems that flats are not only cheaper up front, they really go the distance too!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Flats really are wonderful, I think they have a bad rep and can be really daunting for cloth newbies but the bamboo ones are so absorbent and dry so fast and realistically they take all of 2 seconds to fold I used to. 'prefold' my flats in the same amount of time it took to find what snapped I insert goes with what and snap it in

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yep they are definitely daunting for first timers. I was given some flats & prefolds but didn't use them for ages, it was all too confusing

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've just been googling bamboo flats and prefolds art least for home. Don't know how I'll go getting them on my very wriggly boy. Lol. Please tell me they stop wriggling. Please?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yep when they start toilet training once the nappy is folded provided you have a snappi on hand it's super easy to pop them on.