+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Maybe he is thinking the same as you?

I am married but not linked to dh on fb. He doesn't update his privacy and I don't want the chance of people checking out my stuff through him. I don't know everyone on his page. He was miffed but I told him if he didn't set his privacy settings high then I won't be linking him lol.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to 1CrazyMoose For This Useful Post:

onionskin  (28-02-2012)

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Bell & Bug View Post
    Just do it? Like change it to 'in a relationship with..' then he will have to accept or reject it. If he rejects, kick his *** the the kurb, lol.
    totally this

Thanks
    Reviews
    How long have you been dating him? If you feel comfortable around him and you won't get embarrassed if he gets funny about it, then go ahead
    My DH and I have been official since we went on FB. We went from in a relationship, to engaged to married lol

lambjam is offline Nitwit! Blubber! Oddment! Tweak!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    My husband isn't on FB, so I often joke that we're not properly married!

I'd probably make light of it, jokingly ask him if he was ready to take the next step in our relationship... Will you be my Facebook boyfriend? If not, then it might raise some questions.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to lambjam For This Useful Post:

ComeBackKid  (28-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    I dunno... I think with DP I just told him he should probably change it (this was back when MySpace was bigger, so it was MySpace he needed to change, not FB). We had decided we were bf and gf... so I had no issues with mentioning it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Thanks for the replies I've been going over and over this is my head, so it is good to get it out and get other perspectives.

I've been 'seeing' him since November and we been like 'boyfriend/girlfriend' since feb 9.

When we had 'the talk', I was sort of pushing it because I wanted him to be my boyfriend and he was the one that said he wanted to take things slow and keep it off facebook. He hardly goes on there - maybe once a week? He'll post links or something but hardly updates his status or anything.

It irks me that he doesn't want the world to know - cos I definitely do. And that we are both listed as 'single'. But on the other hand, he introduced me to a couple of his friends on the weekend, has given me a drawer at his house for some of my stuff and a toothbrush to keep at his place?

Even though we had 'the talk' a few weeks ago, I still kind of feel in limbo and I guess given the amount of time I spend on facebook lol I would feel that if it was on facebook, it would make it 'real'.

I would just do the sending him a request thing but he brought up that he wants to keep it on facebook when we first became official and it hasnt been mentioned since then so I dont really know how to approach it now. Like it has been a few weeks of official-ness now...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Funny how social media is playing such a huge part in our lives....

Remember the days when if you kissed by the bike shed you were "official".

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    I'd ask him if I were you, it probably just hasn't crossed his mind TBH. My DP is similar - very, very, very rarely goes on FB and only checks it if he receives an invite to something and gets an email notification - he has no interest in checking his FB feed or looking at pictures or whatnot.

He took ages to change his because he didn't even know that you had to put in a relationship status! Yet he'd introduced me to everybody he knew, talked about me a LOT (I got this impression when meeting his friends and they knew everything about me and told me he talks about me all the time lol)... I don't think it's always something questionable, moreso how much importance someone places on social media. I haven't got anything listed as relationship-wise and I'm completely committed to him. I'd feel a little silly now putting "Benji is in a relationship" after years together lol. But none of my FB friends think I'm single nor would they make a pass!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    oHHHHHHHH I thought it was love when you finally referred to him by his full name!!! hahaha.

Does he have kids babe? maybe its cause of an ex or something.

If he is embarrassed then kick him as any man should be proud as hell to have you.

I would say jokingly..do you want to take the next step and be my facebook boyfriend?

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Ishtyban For This Useful Post:

naebie  (28-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey, sorry for crashing. Maybe change your relationship status, you can do it without adding him into it, or you can remove your relationship status altogether, I would bring it up with him, when I first starting seeing my dp I wouldn't change mine because I felt it was a slap in the face to my ex and all of our common friends, but in all honesty if he doesn't want to change his, I would be asking why, because I know I wasnt changing mine for the wrong reasons. Do you think it seems like he is pursuing other ladies?

Waiting on the arrival of William