+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Help! Suggestions in dealing with stress?!?!

Hey everyone!
    I'm almost 31w with our first baby n DS is due on 3rd of may.... Due to unforeseen circumstances my fiancé's brother, sis in law n 2babies under 2 have just moved in with us.
    While its nice for them to stay... It's getting a lil too much for me. I've been put on sick leave from work coz I'm having a very bad pregnancy with sickness n dizzy spells...and they just happened to get here 3days after my doc pulled me outta work..... N today I spent the whole day at the hospital being checked out for preterm labour coz I'm now having stints of pretty major abdo pain.

Being our first we r trying to prepare n get the house ready but I kinda feel very restricted now with them here... It's spose to b only until one of them gets a job... They've just moved interstate... N i know it's my hormones getting the crankies n annoyance of ppl being here 24/7... But I can't seem to stop myself just wanting to either scream or cry!

Anyone have ANY suggestions on reducing my stress levels n trying to go with the flow. I feel awful if I don't help them with the kids... But I'm physically getting to the point I'm making myself sicker by trying to help (n saying don't help is easier sed than done!!! I'm one of those ppl who feel obligated to)... Any suggestions would b brilliant!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Firstly, big hugs to you!

Its always hard when family is involved.

My advice, give them a date for them to move out. Be firm. The last thing you need with a baby on the way is a house full of visitors. It may sound harsh, but they decided to move interstate, not you. Your number 1 priority now is your health, not being a hotel.

I really don't understand people who move without having a house sorted out before hand.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lol thanks
    N we gave them 8wks... So 2wks before I'm due. But at this rate I dunno if "happy families" will last till then!
    They wanted to find work b4 getting a house... I kinda get that esp as they arent getting any kinda unemployment benefits coz he couldnt get a separation cert... but at the same time i won't kick them out by any means... But argh

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    eek that would frustrate me to no end. im a bit of an organiser and would hate having people in my home so an extended stay when i was in 3rd trimester.

i also know what its like to have a 'unwell' pregnancy as i had an awful time with DD2 and finished work st 18wks on dr's advice.
    feeling no so great you need your space

Thanks
    Reviews
    ugh this is a vent!

They are STILL here!!!! This has seriously gotten to the point of doing my head in !!! Only JUST applied for their 1st house today n I hope to GOD they get it coz I'm about to KILL HER!

They've stopped caring about any of our stuff now n I'm constantly telling their kids no when I find out things they've done INCLUDING drawing in PEN on my dining room chair!

And tonight was the final straw for all niceness to end! She argued with me about what a company LEGALLY has to give them about an incident... And they even wrote a letter about it.... I freaken have done this at work and studied it...n I just tried to tell her the laws n how she'll need to approach a situation better coz she won't get what she thinks she deserves if she goes about it the way she's carrying on... She stupidly became pig headed n argued a federal law with me n walked off n whinged to hubby then stomped off to bed! FFS I'm TRYING to help and I get yelled at!

I am beyond boiling point with just over 5wks till DUe date... I just want my house back and enjoy the last bit of peace n quiet I'll have before DS gets here without stressing from having ppl uninvitedly living with us! :'(

I'm just on the edge of crying I'm so far ova it!!!! I have Nfi what to do anymore! I can't deal anymore i almost screamed to get the F outta my house tonight

Thanks
    Reviews
    I know how your feeling unfortunatley. We have my BIL and a friend of my DP staying with us at the moment... I'm due in 3 days. Can't set up baby's room due it to be filled with BILs crap. Sick of cleaning up after them when I'm exhausted as it is. I can't offer any advice to move them on but I really hope something changes for you soon. It's so frustrating when you just want your house back so you can relax.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by kirsty157 View Post
    I know how your feeling unfortunatley. We have my BIL and a friend of my DP staying with us at the moment... I'm due in 3 days. Can't set up baby's room due it to be filled with BILs crap. Sick of cleaning up after them when I'm exhausted as it is. I can't offer any advice to move them on but I really hope something changes for you soon. It's so frustrating when you just want your house back so you can relax.
    Oh no 3days (( I thought I had it bad! Geez I've already told DF that if they aren't gone within 2wks of My due date I was telling them they had to get out I'd DIE if it was so close! *big hug*