+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Sara Lee cheesecake

I'm being induced at 39 weeks (7 April) and in the last month or so have eaten a bit of Sara Lee French Cream cheesecake. I discovered it has Neufchatel cheese in it and apparently it's a no-no.

Is that the case that it's unsafe?? Has anybody else eaten cheesecake during pregnancy??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hey, it should be ok if it's a baked cheesecake product. They would have heated the cheese mixture enough to destroy any potential listeria bacteria. Even if it's not a baked cheesecake the mixture would have been heated. If you just can't go without, I'd suggest contacting sara-lee for info to be on the safe side. I know a chick who just couldn't give up her soft-serve ice-cream (Listeria risk there, too) and her baby was just fine.

I'm sure I ate a cheesecake or two while preg and my baby was fine, too!

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Not baked

Quote Originally Posted by BaronessM View Post
    Hey, it should be ok if it's a baked cheesecake product. They would have heated the cheese mixture enough to destroy any potential listeria bacteria. Even if it's not a baked cheesecake the mixture would have been heated. If you just can't go without, I'd suggest contacting sara-lee for info to be on the safe side. I know a chick who just couldn't give up her soft-serve ice-cream (Listeria risk there, too) and her baby was just fine.

I'm sure I ate a cheesecake or two while preg and my baby was fine, too!
    No, it wasn't baked. It was the creamy French Cream cheesecake. And I thought it was just cream cheese in it, but NO!! It's loaded with Neufchatel cheese apparently.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Is guess something like a Sara lee cheese cake would be so thoroughly processed I'd highly doubt it could contain any listeria (any more than any foods potentially could have through exposure or contamination in a hugely unlikely case)

Thanks
    Reviews
    My friend was addicted to Sara Lee cheesecake throughout her entire pregnancy and she gave birth without any dramas and her 'baby' is a fine, healthy four year old.

Only issue was she ended up calling her daughter Sara-Lee. Yes, spelt exactly like that. Luckily her son's name wasn't influenced by her cravings (jalapeño).

Thanks
    Reviews
    I eat any cheese I feel like in pregnancy. Alot of the French cheeses they don't recommend because they use unpasteurised milk, but our family chooses to drink unpasteurised anyway. I'm not really a fan of blue cheeses, so for me that tends to mean cheeses like ricotta which I love.
    Do what you are comfortable with.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Lol!

Quote Originally Posted by ElleB View Post
    My friend was addicted to Sara Lee cheesecake throughout her entire pregnancy and she gave birth without any dramas and her 'baby' is a fine, healthy four year old.

Only issue was she ended up calling her daughter Sara-Lee. Yes, spelt exactly like that. Luckily her son's name wasn't influenced by her cravings (jalapeño).
    Wow, she named her daughter Sara-Lee??!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yep! Apparently whenever she begged her partner to go buy Sara Lee the baby kicked so they thought it must think that's her name! Her name is Sara-Lee Annabelle. Lots of A's and E's!

Personally I think the baby was like "not that again" but I hate cheesecake haha.

They lived literally a block away from the Sara Lee outlet shop... Way too convenient.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I'd just ask your dr/obstetrician..... they would know the best answer i'd say.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to GlitterFarts For This Useful Post:

BaronessM  (28-02-2012)