Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Wow, just wow!

Sent from my GT-I9000 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Gorgeous wedding cake Braxtonsmummy!!! I also lurrrrrrve the spikey cupcakes!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Loove that Sleepover Cake. DD2 wants a sleepover this year, so I might try something like that - although not sure I'll achieve that spectacular result!

Quote Originally Posted by SammiAnn View Post
    um.. er.... *wipes away drool* Is that owl COVERED in crumbled flake chocolate BH???
    Yes, he is covered in crumbled Flake bars. There was a lot of 'wasted' flake during the crumbling process that ended up on my waistline!

Quote Originally Posted by bheditor View Post
    was that for BH Tech's birthday?
    Naah - DD1, but it's his birthday in a few months, so if we see anything suitable in this thread ...

Quote Originally Posted by mummyandbubby View Post

your cake looks delish!!!!! would you like to be kind and share the recipe and method.... dh LOVES flake (and so do i, best choc ever) and his birthday is coming up and that would be an awesome cake to make for him. pleeeease
    I'd be happy too. It was from the world's oldest magazine. I saw it when I was little, loved it, kept it and finally got around to making it last year for DD1. It's just a basic cake batter cooked in two pudding basins. Sandwich to two cooked 'pudding' shaped cakes together to make a sphere and then chop some bits off the bottom - so it stands straight - and the front to give him a flat tummy. After that, he's just covered in chocolate butter cream. Smooth the butter cream at the front on the tummy and round the eyes. Flake up some chocolate flake bars into different sizes and press them into the butter cream to make the feathers - with the feathers pointing downwards. The eyes are smarties. The nose is a flaked almond. The ears are just piled up butter cream to make the right shape with flake bar stuck on top!

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BH-bubhub For This Useful Post:

BH-editor  (28-02-2012),BH-KatiesMum  (02-12-2012),Mod-SammiAnn  (29-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Bexta View Post
    I'll have to Google this Planet Cake...
    They are spectacular!

rainbow road is offline look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Planet cake is AWESOME. I love it. AND it's just around the corner from my house

7. The Following User Says Thank You to rainbow road For This Useful Post:

Bexta  (28-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by liss88 View Post
    This was my daughter 1st birthday cake she had an obsession with rubber ducks
    DD2 is also mad on ducks atm! Was going to put lil rubber ducks on cupcakes for her 2nd b'day in April.

Some great cakes -
    & very talented girls!!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to CrissyG For This Useful Post:

liss88  (28-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by bubhub View Post

I'd be happy too. It was from the world's oldest magazine. I saw it when I was little, loved it, kept it and finally got around to making it last year for DD1. It's just a basic cake batter cooked in two pudding basins. Sandwich to two cooked 'pudding' shaped cakes together to make a sphere and then chop some bits off the bottom - so it stands straight - and the front to give him a flat tummy. After that, he's just covered in chocolate butter cream. Smooth the butter cream at the front on the tummy and round the eyes. Flake up some chocolate flake bars into different sizes and press them into the butter cream to make the feathers - with the feathers pointing downwards. The eyes are smarties. The nose is a flaked almond. The ears are just piled up butter cream to make the right shape with flake bar stuck on top!

thanks heaps bubhub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Love the sleepover one, Sibella! The faces look amazing

Thanks
    Reviews
    A dinosaur I did for my DS's 2nd Birthday.

My DS3 is 2 next month & also loves dinosaurs... but I have to think of something different for him. He loves Toy Story...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Bexta View Post
    Gorgeous wedding cake Braxtonsmummy!!! I also lurrrrrrve the spikey cupcakes!
    Our wedding cake was doomed I tell ya! Lol!

I had to make it in two days.
    Finished the fondant on the bottom tier, went to the loo, came back and my dog had eaten the WHOLE thing!!!!! I'm not even over exaggerating! He's a jack russel.... Lord knows how he managed cause it was about the width of two dinner plates......

Then after all that, I went to the venue early to set it up, all good.
    As I'm walking upstairs to get ready a waiter dropped an entire tray of glasses on it!
    I was six weeks pregnant and pretty much fell to pieces haha!
    That's why a few of the chocolate 'doilies' are broken and there is a big tear in the fondant on the bottom tier!

Needless to say I didn't even want to look at it after that, let alone eat it!

It's a huge joke now that I make cakes for dogs!