+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Am I doing the right thing?

DD 2.5yrs has been training for 2 mths. If I take her to the toilet she will generally do wee's and has very few accidents and with poo it is very hit and miss, she is a pretty regular pooer so I can predict often when she needs to go, so we have the most success if she does a poo before 9am, if not then we are likely to not have a success.

My concern is she is not saying she needs to go to the toilet - we are only having wee success if I say time to go to the toilet. Will it just click at some point the more continuous success we have? I'm just concerned she relies on me saying it toilet time rather than her thinking about it and learning to stop playing and take herself to the toilet.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Subscribing - I have this exact problem too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I did the 3 day potting training method. And it worked a treat.

I think your sadly going to maybe have to go backwards in order to go forwatd.

Instead of asking or telling her to go perhaps ask her to tell you when SHE needs to go. Iykwim?

She will have some accidents but then she will work out her bodily functions and start asking.

Make sure to remind her to ask you often like every 10mins. By three days it will have clicked.

Tell mummy when you need to go toilet.

Let me know if you need to go etc.

Put the decision to know when to go on her.

This worked for ds. He was 2years 4 months. Went from not toilet trained at all to completely toilet trained day and night in 3 days. Very exhausting 3 days though.

Good luck

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My DD took quite a while to get it. Poo was hit and miss and wees were fine if I kept on top of it. It's so frustrating isn't it! But just give her time, they all get it eventually. My DD didn't train fully till just after three though!!