+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    TimTamsandTea is offline ...if only all relationships were so perfectly sweet!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Absolutely not.
    Rough-housing is fun physical contact.
    Abuse and negative characteristics are often at the root of bullying behaviour
    As your ds gets older, ensure that you explain that these rough and tumbles are restricted to his house and with his daddy.
    Dh and ds1 engage in daily rough-housing.
    Ds1 is almost 3 and this has been going on since he was about your ds's age.
    We've yet to see any evidence of bullying behaviour. In fact, he is one of the most empathetic and sensitive 3 year olds I know.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to TimTamsandTea For This Useful Post:

Elijahs Mum  (27-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think any interaction that involves fun, laughing, bonding and physical exercise, is definitely a positive thing. Bullying is usually a product of serious aggression and abuse either witnessed or experienced by the child, which they then act out on with other children.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to cashahn For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    DD is SO rough and she loves rough play with DH! I was always a worry wart. She has such a beautiful nature though. I'm more worried about her bossiness!!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to waterlily For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Elijah's Mum,

I recently read an article about this, that suggested rough and tumble play actually does the opposite. It shows boys their limits, lets them explore power play in a safe environ, helps them get a handle on how strong they really are, and gets some of their aggression out in safe ways. It also strengthens daddy/mummy/son bonding. That's about all I can remember, and if I can find the article, I'll post it here.

So enjoy watching DH and DS play, it's apparently good for them both. I do wonder how I'll feel, though, when my bub grows up and this starts in our household...

Cheers, BaronessM.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to BaronessM For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Thanks guys! It was great to watch them mucking around and I've never heard DS laugh so much! I suppose I'm a little paranoid as he is at that age that everything we do now could cause/create habits in the future , it's such an amazing age to watch your baby turn into a little boy