+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I did about 10 lessons, which were originally very good ... until I suggested that I felt it shouldn't be too much longer before I was ready to go for the test. At that point my instructer stopped teaching me and instead was only interested in pointing out what I didn't know. (I knew that I wasn't quite ready at that point, but thought a few more good lessons would finish it off. Unfortunately it appears he took offence.) Then scheduling changes meant I couldn't get any more lessons.

I then spent the next seven years practicing - ie driving with my husband (who had a licence sufficient to be a supervisor) in the car, though he wasn't really doing any teaching. Finally I went for my test, and completely stuffed everything up. I was too nervous and overcompensated and basically behaved like the first day I had gotten behind the wheel. It was rediculous.

Therefore I took one more professional lesson to give myself confidence, then went for the test (one month after the previous test) and had no problems with it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I had one proper lesson with an instructor the day before my test and passed first time.
    I drove everyday with my mum and got all my hours in well before the 6 months. I got my p's when I was 17.

Df taught me how to drive a manual when I was 18. Took me a long time to get confident!

Mod-Myztik is offline ADMINISTRATOR
    My April Fools baby
    Winner 2009- Biggest Post-Awards Whinger
    Winner 2010- Biggest Computer Nerd

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    I did about 10 paid lessons then did the 25hrs for the log book with whoever was willing to put their life in my hands I got my ps first go but it was almost 12mnths of 'learning' before I was confident enough in myself to sit the test as I'd had to overcome my fears etc.

Zombie_eyes is offline Formerly Diamondeyes
    Winner 2012 - Biggest Computer Nerd
    Winner 2013/14 - Funniest Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    i would be heaps happy to get lessons so i was confident to drive, and then just do all the driving when dh and i go out (take the kids places) etc.. for 6 months- a year... im scared of getting my p's before im ready..

but i feel like im on a deadline or that i need to hurry up, currently (since dh got this new job) i need to rely on my mum or my sister to take me and my sons to speech therapy and occupational therapy and its a HUGE stress to me, i know they dont necessarily mind, but i mind, and i hate relying on others, making them work around my schedule. if i need to take them to the drs, or to the paed, i gotta get someone to take me. i just feel like im gonna puke from the feeling it gives me. eugh.

if i could get my P's, id still pretty much do what id do with dh as if i was getting my experience up, but on those certain days every fortnight, just be able to take them to their appointments.

Mod-Myztik is offline ADMINISTRATOR
    My April Fools baby
    Winner 2009- Biggest Post-Awards Whinger
    Winner 2010- Biggest Computer Nerd

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Yeah I know exactly how you feel. I hated asking mum or anyone else for lifts and I had it in my head that I'd have my license in a few months of starting lessons but it didn't work like that.
    One of the best things I found was once I was confident driving with the kids in the car, instead of mum driving us around I drove. It meant I get heaps more practice in than if I were just doing the lessons.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod-Myztik For This Useful Post:

Zombie_eyes  (27-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014
    I learnt soley by professional driving lessons. I took 10 lessons @ $35 each. So $350 to learn to drive. I got my license first go.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to HarvestMoon For This Useful Post:

Zombie_eyes  (27-02-2012)