+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Please help! Totally freaking out!!

I just went to the toilet to pee and when I wiped there was watery blood on the paper. Sorry for the TMI but I'm freaking out! I am 10 weeks + 4 and scared out of my wits! I have no cramping or anything like that ..

Has anyone had this happen? Please share your experiences.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I bled with all 3 of my pregnancies... the last two quite heavily for between 22 and 32 weeks! Bleeding in pregnancy is a lot more common than it is made out to be.
    It's a very good sign there is no cramping though!
    If you are worried though, go see your GP and ask for a scan or blood work to check on bubs!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hugs... bleeding is so scary in early pregnancy! I had bleeding with both my pregnancies at around 6 weeks... after blood tests, scans and taking it easy, I now have two beautiful healthy little girls... first time only bled for 2 days, second time 2 weeks and colour ranged from brown, to pink, to bright red... no cramping... I would give your GP a call and get some tests and a scan, just for your peace of mind... and try not to worry, bub will feel your stress...

Good luck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was also bleeding a little at time, scared the hell out of me as well.
    A lot of other women in my family also had the same, which suprised me.
    I believe if you're not sure, go to the doctors, no question is EVER silly when your pregnant

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by FirstTimeMummy2012 View Post
    I just went to the toilet to pee and when I wiped there was watery blood on the paper. Sorry for the TMI but I'm freaking out! I am 10 weeks + 4 and scared out of my wits! I have no cramping or anything like that ..

Has anyone had this happen? Please share your experiences.
    This happened to me this pregnancy roughly the same time.
    Try not to stress (I know it's easier said than done!)
    I went to my drs. And got referral for emergengy u/s which proved lil man was fine! Only happened the once - still scared me though!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have had this happen with both unsuccessful and a successful pregnancy.
    The unsuccessful ones had other complications though, like low HCG ...
    so I think if you have had no other complications and no cramping that things will be ok.
    You SHOULD go have an ultrasound asap, it will let you know what is happening and hopefully put your mind at ease. It will show where the bleeding is coming from.

Good luck

Ulysses is offline In the eyes of a child you will see...the world as it should be.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I had this happen in my last pregnancy, it started at week 8 & went through to week 13. Its actually quite common - I think a third of all pregnancies bleed so you are in good company. My baby is fine (6 months old almost).

At the time i panicked because I have had two miscarriages & when I had those the miscarriage happened in short succession after the bleeding & there was alot of cramping. But as my OB said all they can do is watch & see what happens but bleeding does not mean there is a problem it just means you should be on the look out for anything else.

I would highly recommend getting a referral to a "womens" ultrasound place (do not go to a normal everyday ultrasound place as they are often pretty cr@p when it comes to dealing with pregnancies & what to look for). A referral can be used at any place of your choice. I found that having the ultrasound can make a huge difference & really put your mind at ease. it can also help determine what the problem might be.

Good luck….go get the scan & let us know how you go…but I am confident you will be just fine & its a chance to see your bubs.

mostly in Perth but sometimes away with the fairies
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I had bleeding on and off up until about 15 weeks. Always after I peed and wiped there would be a bit of brown blood. If you are worried ring your GP or Ob. If it is accompanies by any pain go to the ER for a scan!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had two episodes of bleeding in my first trimester - I believe it was at 7 weeks and then again at 9 weeks. The one at 9 weeks lasted 7 days!! Good news is bub is perfectly healthy and due to arrive in a couple of weeks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone. Thanks so much for your replies and your reassuring words. I ended up in the er yesterday and I'm thrilled to say all is well at this point. Wasn't able to have an ultrasound but hcg levels were normal and bleeding stopped. They seem to think I may have infection as my white blood cell count was high so I've been put on antibiotics with an ultrasound to follow on Friday. I continue to pray that all remains well. I love this bubba so much already and desperately want him/her to stick around. Thanks again everyone and shall keep you posted on the u/s.