+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    One of my dads exs from when he was a older teen wanted to get preg because she didn't want to work.

I do joke that we'll use the baby bonus to buy a laptop or whatever, but more than likely? It will get saved for our bond when we have to move, and baby furniture. Or used to pay off the credit card.

Calling a child who falls preg for the money a psychopath is just stupid, especially when there are true psychos out there.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Deserama View Post
    I know, it was really really weird. At first I thought she was going to crap on about young girls getting knocked up for the payments but then she went off on this tangent about perpetrators and psychopaths and victims....it took a totally different turn. I'm so weirded out by this chick now.
    Yep, that reply of hers is off the charts. I would be scared of her too!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    Wow that's a pretty OTT reaction She seems really bitter

4. The Following User Says Thank You to delirium For This Useful Post:

laurea  (27-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    There are some people out there who think that certain sectors of the community are 'baby-ed' like young mums, mums in general, criminals, etc (yeah, I know great grouping, but that's what some people think). They think that those types of people get lots of money/resources/etc thrown at them and the 'other people' get nothing. It's complete rubbish in my book, but I do know some people who think that way. Hearing a story that a young mum wanted to buy a TV with the baby bonus money is a stereotypical comment to 'support this theory'.

The reality is that those groups of people actually need more support not less and certainly don't need to be judged. I would 'unfriend' your 'friend' and move on. Her attitude is not at all helpful.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to mim1 For This Useful Post:

laurea  (27-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I can't believe people actually rant and rave like that on their facebook. Blathering on like everyone else gives a hoot about their daughter's classmate's neighbour . None of the 150 or so people on mine ever do that! Just seems really weird to me! Doesn't she have a life? How embarrassing.
    Last edited by Piffle; 27-02-2012 at 13:44.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Piffle For This Useful Post:

Benji  (27-02-2012),Deserama  (27-02-2012)

Guest Guest
    She sounds like a nutter to me.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Guest For This Useful Post:

delirium  (27-02-2012),gizmoduckus  (27-02-2012),laurea  (27-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ah the old 'having a baby do you can buy a plasma' trick!!! Seriously, why is it always a new tv?! People do have babies for all kinds of reasons (like sick of working, hoping to save a r'ship, loneliness etc) but really, teenage girls do not have babies so they can buy a bloody tv!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Annabella For This Useful Post:

laurea  (27-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Perpetrator. Victims. Asylum. Psychopaths. Just plain old corrupt.

I can't see how any of this can be used against a person claiming the baby bonus to buy a TV.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think this person needs to look up the word psychopath in the dictionary. I don't think she actually understands what it means.

If it were me, I would unfriend this person quick smart. Sounds totally delusional and irrational.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Unfortunately it does happen. My mum lives and pretty much owns most of the house in a small ghost town consisting of about 60 people. Some women up there actually DO have more children for money. It's a fact. I have spoken to them myself.

Now this maybe the minority but sadly its somewhat a reality.

I personally wouldn't post about it on fb though. Specially given the situation that she heard it from a child whether true or not.