View Poll Results: Do you judge a person based on which policitcal party/member they actively support?

Voters
35. You may not vote on this poll
  • No, not really.

11 31.43%
  • Yep, I do.

17 48.57%
  • Um... I don't even notice tbh.

7 20.00%
  • Other

0 0%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by missie_mack View Post
    It depends. I have a friend who use to actively support the liberal party just because she thought John Howard was cute in a Mr Sheen kinda way. I kinda lost a level of respect for her. She is an educated, independent woman surely she could find a better reason to actively support a party (any party)
    Omg. I agree with what your saying but. Who thinks he is good looking lol

rainbow road is offline look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    John Howard was our federal electorate member until he got booted out. He visited my brothers' school one day and they came running to mum after class saying "Mummy! Mummy! The stinky man was here!"

I guess we didn't do a very good job hiding our political views from the impressionable children

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    Yes and no. I have a family member who has been low income most of their adult life, even accessing govt payments for years. They have now fallen into a lot of money and now vote liberal, saying payments should be taken off the poor bc they are lazy and given to the rich as they work hard and keep the country going. They have forgotten their roots and their sentiments make me sick.

I also have a friend who is lower-middle class and their partner got govt payments for years for the kids. Yet they vote liberal. Upon discussing politics with them it became clear they doesn't understand liberal policy or politics in general. I feel like saying why are you voting liberal?
    Last edited by delirium; 27-02-2012 at 13:16.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I try not to judge people for their personal beliefs, but I have an avid interest in politics and always have, so I find it really hard not to judge people who vote for a party and don't understand what they're voting for.
    I feel that if people made their decision to support a party by just watching the news, or listening to somebody else they need to do more research.
    I know it doesn't interest a lot of people, but an interest in politics is actually pretty irrelevant. It's really not hard to spend half an hour once every 3-4 years doing some research to contribute to the future of our country. Who's in power effects everybody, you can say you don't like politics but it's impossible not to care what happens because it effects almost everything we care about. Honestly, I consider voting a civic duty.

My Pa and my dad work(ed) for the government so following politics has been a big part of my life. My Pa taught me almost everything I know about politics, and we'd have weekly discussions that went for hours.
    I remember having a lively debate with a girl back when I was in year 12 for voting liberal because 'that's who my parents vote for, teehee!' and my legal studies teacher/year 12 co-ordinator looking on smiling approvingly. I was probably such a nightmare to go to school with

I've actually considered becoming a political advisor after DP and I have kids, but the long hours don't really fit in with my parenting philosophy.
    Last edited by Berrie; 27-02-2012 at 13:33.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    No I don't. Well unless as someone said, they voted for death to all or something ridiculous.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Unless its way out there, I dont really care as long as they don't try to shove it down my throat! If it was racist and discriminative then I actually probably would. Sorry, I was a bit hypocritical there.

Thanks
    Reviews
    To an extent, but more based on what they say than which party they vote for.

I am happy to accept anyone's choice, but I get irritated when people put down the party I support for what I believe to be misinformed reasons - or make stereotypes about the type of people who vote for that party.

I don't have any problem with someone saying "I vote Pink, because I like their policies on XYZ."

I do have a problem with someone saying "I vote Pink, because I'm not a complete idiot/ dole bludger/ capitalist/ misogynist/ tree hugger/ insert insult."

I do judge when people do that.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Guest654 For This Useful Post:

Berrie  (27-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    yes a little. i don't stop being friends with them but part of me thinks wtf?!

Sent from my GT-I9000 using BubHub

SuperGranny is offline Worlds best grandma! Winner 2012 - Most Helpful Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    hi, I dont judge people by who they vote for. I can accept that people will follow the crowd/ their parents/the media/ whatever. I have personally voted for liberals, labor, the democrats, and the greens over the years. I have voted liberal for most of the recent years, but I am not and will probably never join any party. I consider the situation of the country/state, and I vote for whoever I think will do the best job. Sometimes one issue will outweigh another, but I try to consider what is the best option for the whole nation. I dont really care who the leader is, it is not a personality contest, I vote for the policies not the politian. Marie.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I rarely talk politics with my friends, so would have no idea how they vote.