View Poll Results: Do you judge a person based on which policitcal party/member they actively support?

Voters
35. You may not vote on this poll
  • No, not really.

11 31.43%
  • Yep, I do.

17 48.57%
  • Um... I don't even notice tbh.

7 20.00%
  • Other

0 0%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SassyMummy View Post
    As for me - I most certainly do. If I hear people vote a certain way, I tend to like them a little less, because obviously their ideals are completely different to my own, and I can't really like a person who supports things I am so against.
    Yes, this.

On that note... I also usually know if they are the type to vote for a certain party. SO it usually doesn't shock me and I already don't like what they stand for lol. For example I found myself on holidays with the inlaws last time we had to vote and so I found out that my misogynistic FIL and BIL's voted pretty typically imo.

Definitely what people vote for on bubhub I am not usually shocked by.

Some times I am irritated when I know someone would vote for a certain party because I can just tell, but it doesn't make sense that they should, it is more that they don't know politics and understand it, so have gone with what their bogan/money hungry parents think etc without even realising that their policies are not helping them in any way. (and I don't mean I am upset with people who don't like politics, I mean that they are into the party, but they don't know why, it is just because of their parents reasons etc)

ETa... my DH voted for a different party than I did in both state and federal and I was pretty annoyng at his reasons lol but we still walked out hand in hand, so it isn't like I dislike my friends who vote differently, I am more talking like Sassy means - the extreme type who *know* why they are voting for that party and it doesn't sit with my ideals at all.
    Last edited by TinyLittleTootsies; 27-02-2012 at 12:36.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Oh, I absolutely agree that everyone is entitled to their own beliefs. I just also believe that I am entitled to look at their beliefs and decide they're not exactly the kind of person I want in my life based on those beliefs.

Similarly though, I know some people see me as a wishy-washy tree-hugger for my preferences... (but that's usually okay, cos I just know they're idiots... ).

ETA - I have no idea who DP voted for last federal election. He wouldn't tell me. He did confirm that it wasn't the Coalition though... but that's all I know. His views are different to mine, he is not nearly as left as I am... but our differing views are fairly minor, and about fairly insignificant issues IMO.
    Last edited by SassyMummy; 27-02-2012 at 12:41.

Ulysses is offline In the eyes of a child you will see...the world as it should be.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Yes I do.

But "judging" someone just means that I make an assumption or form an opinion about them, it doesn't mean I don't like them or wont associate with them. It also doesn't mean it will be correct - but yes I admit I naturally form some sort of idea about who they are as a person.

I think it is human nature to judge people on the choices they make.
    Last edited by Ulysses; 27-02-2012 at 12:43.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Ulysses For This Useful Post:

Benji  (27-02-2012)

AndrewTheEmu is offline Bubhub Ambassador - tongue in cheek
    Thanks
    Reviews
    i dont really judge them.

but i think it does give you a good insite into their mentality.

eg.
    DH votes Liberal, He's a white colar worker in a muilty billion dollar industry earning a poop load and im pretty sure the liberal parties motto is 'the rich get richer and the poor get poorer' so not suprise there

Im a bule collar worker and i vote labor, their policies and hand outs have greatly helped and directly effected me in a large positive way.

Mum votes greens because she is a greenie and loves their ideas but honestly i dont think she has any idea how much it cost the working country to have the in power.

Thanks
    Reviews
    No not at all. Everyone has different needs and the party I might think is best for our needs may not be for theirs.

I may not agree with their decision but it's "their choice" not mine. Vice verser.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 1CrazyMoose For This Useful Post:

Guest1234  (27-02-2012),Urban Tumbleweed  (27-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I judge people who don't fully understand why they are voting a particular way.

They've just heard that the Liberal Party robs the poor or that the Labor Party robs from the middle class - yet have no understanding of the greater philosophies, policies and histories of either party.

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to NancyBlackett For This Useful Post:

Berrie  (27-02-2012),Cinderella82  (27-02-2012),Ulysses  (27-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Just coz someone votes for a party doesn't mean they agree with everything the party says, does or intends. Just that it's the most fitting one for them and their needs. So I don't think it necessarily is a reliable way to suss out WHO a person is and what they are like.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Guest1234 For This Useful Post:

LoveLivesHere  (27-02-2012),nicoletta  (27-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Nope i don't. Everybody has a right to their own opinion.

Ana Gram is offline 2008 WINNER - straight shooter award
    Winner 2008 & 2009 - Community Minded thread
    Winner 2009 - Mod Award - most passionate member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    No. I don't know anyone who votes for a party and agrees with absolutely all their ideas. And I find that people tend to vote depending on how they are going to be affected personally. I am pretty sure my dad votes liberal and he now knows I vote greens after he used the 'c' word to describe them.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    No. I have friends and family who vote different party to me.
    My dh votes differently even. Sometimes I vote labour sometimes liberal it depends on the party's stand or my local MP.

I do judge in a way people who choose not to vote or put on donkey votes. They annoy me. Particularly women. We had thousands of women who protested so long to get us the right to vote it doesn't sit right with me to throw it away.