+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default ectopic pregnancy???

Hay guys don't know if im in right the part but i have now have had serveral friends have ectompic pregnacies , Im a bit scared about it now casuse it seems to be happening quite alot now... Does anyone know why this happens??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Shar, if you have had a scan and it has shown baby in the right spot you have nothing to worry about. Ectopic pregnancy is when the egg doesn't make it's way down the fallopian tube into your uterous, but starts to grow inside your tube, an ectopic pregnancy will never end in a viable pregnancy and should be treated quickly with either chemo injections, or surgerically removed, in which case they tend to take the tube it has grown in aswell because it is usually damaged. Usually it's picked up quite quickly as HCG doesn't rise as it should and there is quite alot of pain and bleeding (this doesn't always happen but in most cases does.) If left it can cause your tube to rupture and internal bleeding, which usually results in an operation. HTH.

Thanks
    Reviews
    yeah just didnt realise how often it happened... fell so sorry for these girls and i dont know what to say because i have never been through it.. and i hope i never have to.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    pretty much what she said lol. I had surgery to remove my ectopic pregnancy on friday. I had heard about them but had no idea what it involved. The only reason mine was picked up is because i asked for an ultrasound. but like PP said once you have a scan showing bub is in the right spot there is nothing to worry about but my advice to everyone now would be have a scan as soon as possible. i had a scan friday morning and was having surgery 4hours later that is how serious it can be.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had one last june - No pain, a bit of spotting, numbers were doubling like a normal pregnancy. Got picked up by a dating scan. Lost my tube and ovary on that side. I had 2 healthy pregnancies so i was shocked and devestated. It is quite common so i have found out... There is nothing you can say to your friends. Mostly just be there if they want to talk about it.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to lese82 For This Useful Post:

Tutu & Lulu  (27-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies. Sorry to jump in on this thread. I am currently 4+6 weeks pregnant with bub #2. The last couple of days I've had a strange feeling that something isn't right, some pain and uncomfort. Spoke to my obstetrician this afternoon and my hcg levels earlier this week when I first had them tested were quite low so she has asked me to go in for another test tomorrow morning, and then a scan to check everything is where it should be. I'm scared out of my mind that this could be an ectopic pregnancy. So far though I have no bleeding, but a lot of pressure behind my csection scar, and in my rectal area. Also a lot of pain to have a bowel movement (sorry tmi). I'm just wondering for those of you that have had an ectopic pregnancy, what symptoms you had besides bleeding?