+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Exclamation Certificate III Children Services assessment question ? :S

Ok, so I am currently trying to get to the end of this assignment. I'm stuck on CHCPR303D Develop an understand of childrens interests and developmental needs. I _think_ I have got past the records bit (anecdotal, runnings, jottings, photo obs, etc) but on Task B it asks to Interpret each observation (this can be attached to A) and devise ways to enhance the child's play and learning.

Provide at least 2 indoor and 2 outdoor experiences in your response.

Does anyone have any experiences with this assignment??
    Or did you have to wait until placement?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm doing the cert 3 too and I'm doing same subject, however, our assessment is not this. What is the assessment about? Are you trying to say that you need to create play experiences for the children? And are the play experiences supposed to the help child's development? If that's the case, I can help you. I'm sure it would tell you if you had to do part of the assessment on prac. I know in the play experience subject the assessment was very similar to what your saying and I had to do part B on prac so I could observe the child's play experience that I created.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to designertaste For This Useful Post:

mestiza  (05-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    If you observe in part A that child 1 can count to 5, then for part b you might include an indoor counting game to 10.

Part A is basically observing their skills.
    Part B is expanding on that.

Example:

PART A:
    Child A uses his major motor skills climbing up the playground very quickly and efficiently. He has some issues using the balance beam. May incorporate balancing in his next planned activity for development.

PART B:
    You would then allocate a session in your daily activities for the next week to do a balance beam activity.
    Then observe child A participating in that activity and make notes.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Nazgul For This Useful Post:

mestiza  (05-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Subscribing as I'm off to TAFE to enrol for this certificate in 25 mins

Sent from my LT15i using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by designertaste View Post
    I'm doing the cert 3 too and I'm doing same subject, however, our assessment is not this. What is the assessment about? Are you trying to say that you need to create play experiences for the children? And are the play experiences supposed to the help child's development? If that's the case, I can help you. I'm sure it would tell you if you had to do part of the assessment on prac. I know in the play experience subject the assessment was very similar to what your saying and I had to do part B on prac so I could observe the child's play experience that I created.
    I've done all of the observations I think I just need to write down how it enhances their development

Nazgul - thank you so much, that actually helped a lot!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    The way I interpret the assignment-
    Part A- The observation. This should be objective and detailed, just saying what you see and hear.

Part B- The first part is interpreting the observation, so linking to developmental information, such as labelling grasp the child is using, or noting whether it is gross motor or fine motor, using left hand or right etc.

Then, using the information in the observations and your interpretation, think of ways to enhance their development, so if they're jumping off one foot, maybe you could enhance their development to include hopping, like providing hopscotch or similar.

(I'm an Early Childhood Teacher)

9. The Following User Says Thank You to naebie For This Useful Post:

mestiza  (05-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by naebie View Post
    The way I interpret the assignment-
    Part A- The observation. This should be objective and detailed, just saying what you see and hear.

Part B- The first part is interpreting the observation, so linking to developmental information, such as labelling grasp the child is using, or noting whether it is gross motor or fine motor, using left hand or right etc.

Then, using the information in the observations and your interpretation, think of ways to enhance their development, so if they're jumping off one foot, maybe you could enhance their development to include hopping, like providing hopscotch or similar.

(I'm an Early Childhood Teacher)
    I used to work in ECL, and this is what I would have said too

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm an early childhood teacher and have helped trainees with this assignment if you PM your observations I will help you with part b...
    Be careful using words like "issues" I'll go and have look and post a distinction example for you!!
    Good luck

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Waitingfordaisy For This Useful Post:

mestiza  (05-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Waitingfordaisy View Post
    I'm an early childhood teacher and have helped trainees with this assignment if you PM your observations I will help you with part b...
    Be careful using words like "issues" I'll go and have look and post a distinction example for you!!
    Good luck

I would say something like 'Child A explored how to apply his gross motor skills to the balance beam.' or 'Child A appeared to enjoy testing out his gross motor skills on the balancing beam.' then in part B set an activity that allows Child A to continue exploring their gross motor skills.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Berrie For This Useful Post:

mestiza  (05-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default CHCECE006 Support behaviour of children and young people

Question 2a
    Name some possible contributing factors which may explain why children display aggressive behaviour that is a cause for concern.

Question 2b
    A positive approach to behaviour management aims to guide children in developing healthy behaviours, self-confidence, respect and a sense of right and wrong.
    List some positive strategies that could lower levels of aggression in children.

plz help cnt find the answers tried really hard