+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Humphreyisapuppet View Post
    I know this question will come off as very controversial. But, im putting it out there and i mean no offence to anyone. I know some couples spend years ttc and all they long for is a healthy baby of any gender in ther arms. You are not at all forced to respond. In my heart, all i want is a healthy little brother or sister for my DD1. But part of me wants to sway towards a boy more.
    I do feel completely guilty about these feelings. Although, i have been told it's ok to have them and i know i will love baby number 2 no less.

I would like to know if any of you have ttc for a specific gender ?
    What did you do?
    Did it work?
    Is timing ovulation the key?
    Did you do change ur diet?
    Anything else you want to share about ttc for a boy?
    I believe i am due to ovulate in about 6 days and we will be getting quite serious ttc

Considering we have 2 boys thanks to IVF and would like a girl to complete our family should we have a 3rd we are looking at going to Bangkok to sex select. We have to go through another cycle of IVF anyway so we may as well pay the extra money and have a nice holiday at the same time

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Blessedwith3boys For This Useful Post:

Kyls  (04-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimberleygal1 View Post
    Considering we have 2 boys thanks to IVF and would like a girl to complete our family should we have a 3rd we are looking at going to Bangkok to sex select. We have to go through another cycle of IVF anyway so we may as well pay the extra money and have a nice holiday at the same time
    Good on you! If we were in your position we'd do the same. Good luck if you do decide to go ahead with ttc #3.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I find out on the 28th is our gender swaying worked

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by tjewell View Post
    I find out on the 28th is our gender swaying worked
    Thats gone really quick. Let us know how you go.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes I attempted to influence a girl for baby number 2 and it worked. I simply used the method (for a girl) of stopping intercourse about 3-4 days before ovulation. Of course this only works if you have regular cycles. Hubby thinks Im sneaky for that cos he had no idea - he just went along with the "yes-tonight/not-tonight" instructions from me. The night we conceived he had been running around a squash court all night so I wonder if that killed off all of his little-boy swimmers too.
    Of course, it was probably complete luck too

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by lolly137 View Post
    My hubby believes this old man's tale, which has been backed up by quite a few of his workmates.

It goes:

Woman on top = girl
    Man on top/behind = boy.

Don't know how true it is, but has worked for us everytime....
    This is the only thing we did different we conceived on ovulation both times but first time got DS and second time now preg with DD.... Wonder if its true or just luck haha

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I really wanted a boy after 2 DDs but I also didn't purposely try anythign different. At the time we concieved it was no long TTC it was good ole fashion honky tonky-ing. Lol.

But we did do things that favoured a boy: DTD the day of O, it had been a few days since we'd DTD (and according to DH he didn't take any 'personal time' lol) and we also used the behind position so I guess the shooters had a head start? Lol.

When we concieved both our girls we were at it like rabbits so I guess there's maybe some truth to that? Anyway, we are having a boy this time so I guess it worked lol.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi, just an update:

I am not pregnant this month

We did it like rabbits all thru when i thought was my ovulation time because we just wanted another baby of either gender.

Oh well...trying again

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ho, not sure about boy swimmers being best on 4th day, but possibly! The boys are apparently faster and the girls last longer. We conceived a boy with the billings method. We would have been happy with any baby, but it just happened to be a boy, and that was on the day of mucous changing to 'egg-white' or when it feels super-slimy between your fingers. At all other times mucous feels grittier between your fingers, the moment it turns slimy, you'll know if you've a good idea how it feels the rest of the time. This quick time from ovulation to conception resulted in a boy for us.

Good luck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had a bucket of mucous and it was a slippery dip in there. We were origionally ttc for a boy but i was wanting it so much the 4day wait never worked for us.
    We Dtd the start thru to the end of Ovulation.

The result = negative. No baby #2 for us this month.