+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default gender swaying ideas?

I know this question will come off as very controversial. But, im putting it out there and i mean no offence to anyone. I know some couples spend years ttc and all they long for is a healthy baby of any gender in ther arms. You are not at all forced to respond. In my heart, all i want is a healthy little brother or sister for my DD1. But part of me wants to sway towards a boy more.
    I do feel completely guilty about these feelings. Although, i have been told it's ok to have them and i know i will love baby number 2 no less.

I would like to know if any of you have ttc for a specific gender ?
    What did you do?
    Did it work?
    Is timing ovulation the key?
    Did you do change ur diet?
    Anything else you want to share about ttc for a boy?
    I believe i am due to ovulate in about 6 days and we will be getting quite serious ttc

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    We are swaying for a boy too!

I looked it up on google and my best friend used the Basal Body Temp - BBT method for her boy. They fell first cycle with the boy.

From what I understand you chart your temp and it will go up when you o. And you dtd that day only. Apparently boy swimmers are at their peak condition if DH has abstained for four days prior lol.

I'm also going to get the ovulation test sticks to pee on today to try and be sure lol.

How fun. We can share ideas and see how we go!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    We did for a boy by DTD the day of O, we will find out in 5 weeks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Tjewell make sure you keep us posted! How exciting.

How were you tracking o?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyls View Post
    We are swaying for a boy too!

I looked it up on google and my best friend used the Basal Body Temp - BBT method for her boy. They fell first cycle with the boy.

From what I understand you chart your temp and it will go up when you o. And you dtd that day only. Apparently boy swimmers are at their peak condition if DH has abstained for four days prior lol.

I'm also going to get the ovulation test sticks to pee on today to try and be sure lol.

How fun. We can share ideas and see how we go!

.....Hi! Thanks for sharing!!!
    I think im just going to go by when im due to ovulate which is around the 5th of this month.....i did not know ur ment to dtd only on that day tho :/ Can dtd using a condom or other methods right, then hold off for 4days prior?

I heard about the male swimmers being at their best on the 4th day also

Apparently im at my fertile days now! and i will have to keep DH off me lol untill the 5th but im also scared of missing it? what if i o earlier??? I hope i will notice, i know my body fairly well in that way.

I have also cut out all sweet acidic foods from my diet in the last 6mths so my ph levels are low to favour the lil boy swimmers and been eating more salty starchy stuff.

I dont want to have to use opk's DH doesnt want me to. He doesnt care about the gender. He just wants to dtd all the time.

Seems to be like it's all about timing! dtd at that perfect moment! gosh, its hard work to think about sometimes. Somedays i just want to forget about it and just do it! lol but i really want a little man

Goodluck when are you ttc?? would love to keep eachother posted to find out the results hehe!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by tjewell View Post
    We did for a boy by DTD the day of O, we will find out in 5 weeks

....keep us posted with the results!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lol yes its so hard to watch for! I cant wait till we get the BFP and can back to normal lol.

I'm day 8 and have been o'ing on day 16. So another week to dtd and then 2 more for testing.

Wow that sounds close lol.

Good luck keeping hubby off hehe. You'd be sending out fertile hormones.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My cycle is spot in 28 days and I always O after 14 days, it's never changed for yr's & I can feel when it's happening I will keep u all updated

Thanks
    Reviews
    Tell ur dh to free ball or wear loose boxers!! It myt be an old wives tale but it the only thing I can think of that can attribute to my ds being a boy!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Cherry18Bloss For This Useful Post:

Kyls  (29-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by tjewell View Post
    My cycle is spot in 28 days and I always O after 14 days, it's never changed for yr's & I can feel when it's happening I will keep u all updated

My usual cycle was 28days but implanon muddled me up, as i never got AF for the 10mths i had it in. The first cycle i had after implanon removal was 28days.....remarkable, hey.
    So im really not sure what to expect this cycle. So im going by how i feel also. last time during ovulation i felt major bloated, crampy and shooting pain down my right side of abdomen and was worse when i sat down. Little spot of light blood when i wiped (very fertile stage) and clear mucus galore lol...i guess it's not that hard to miss! It's just hard to try and time it right for a lil boy, tricky things !!!!!!!!!!