+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    Bubhub Blogger
    It costs the company once the ombudsman gets involved, so you should get a resolution quick. Perhaps call them and politely (trust me... When you're speaking with complaints departments you get more with honey) let them know you're going to the ombudsman. They might work quicker...

*~Thank goodness for my phone...It is my sanity & excuse for most things~*

Thanks
    Reviews
    Also one other thing, aami have a customer charter that guarantees their work id be quoting that to them. Good luck
    Last edited by MrsOC; 27-02-2012 at 09:58.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Wow what a nightmare! We have always been with AAMI and they have always been fantastic. It's a shame that their levels of service is so inconsistent across states.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    You can also call AAMI and tell them that you want a copy of all of their notes and files regarding this claim under the 'Freedom of Information Act'. When they ask why say you will be giving it to the Ombudsman.

As PP said you will get better results of you are nice - the people in the call centre usually don't make the decisions anyway.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I worked at a panel shop for 3 years and if some one wasn't happy with repairs done at a shop they would just bring it in for a quote with us and we would send it off to the ins company, get it approved and fix it properly. I would find another approved aami repairer explain to them what has happened and get another quote they will send it all off and it will end up in front of an assessor who will do some thing about it. If u have just been speaking to claims staff over the phone you will have no chance. Most of them are useless and each different person will give u a different answer.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Tazzy For This Useful Post:

Izy  (28-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by happygrl View Post
    You can also call AAMI and tell them that you want a copy of all of their notes and files regarding this claim under the 'Freedom of Information Act'. When they ask why say you will be giving it to the Ombudsman.

As PP said you will get better results of you are nice - the people in the call centre usually don't make the decisions anyway.
    Oh thanks!!

For 4 months me have been as nice as honey! But tbh I'm sick of being nice, they just walk all over us when we are nice!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Tazzy View Post
    I worked at a panel shop for 3 years and if some one wasn't happy with repairs done at a shop they would just bring it in for a quote with us and we would send it off to the ins company, get it approved and fix it properly. I would find another approved aami repairer explain to them what has happened and get another quote they will send it all off and it will end up in front of an assessor who will do some thing about it. If u have just been speaking to claims staff over the phone you will have no chance. Most of them are useless and each different person will give u a different answer.
    Excellent thank you very much!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My sister is with AAMI, and and had her car totalled. They took her car and did nothing for a month, then finally was assessed but the assessor didn't check the inside of the car, so when the outside and mechanical side of things was fixed she picked it up and inside was filthy from split drink, lots of the dash including CD player didn't work anymore. Her car was gone for nearly 2 months, but was only worked on for maybe a week or 2 max. She was calling and getting nowhere for ages aswell. When her car was complete they also said she couldn't pick it up till she paid the excess, but cos it wasn't here fault she wasn't paying it and they wouldn't give her the car!! She had to chase down police reports and statements to prove she wasn't at fault and not required to pay the excess.

I really hope this new contact will help you get stuff sorted so your car is fixed and back to you soon!! And maybe start looking round for another insurance company.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Update- the dodgy place is coming to pick the car up and take it to be fixed as its not road worthy to drive!!!?? I've been driving it for a week already!!!!

Let's see how this pans out!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Great news water lily, make sure the assessor inspects it prior to collecting it so you don't have to go through this again