+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello again Buttercup! Wow we must have been super close - my DD was born on 29 November 2012 so less than two weeks apart! Aren't we clever

I'm not familiar with some of the terms you used - what an E2 level? But all fingers crossed for lovely follies and it sounds like your FS knows what he's on about. Any idea why the right recipe last time needed some tweaks this time?

Cdro - hello and congratulations on your pregnancy! Do you know what you're having or is it a surprise? You're so kind to offer the OPKs; thank you so much! I would *love* them if you're sure you won't use them. Are you sure you won't accept some payment? I insist on at least postage and a couple of magazines of your choice so you can put your feet up with a cuppa and a good read I will PM you my address and please let me know your PayPal/bank acct for postage as well as your address to let me post you a little something.

Thanks
    Reviews
    So glad you can use them. I've sent you a PM.

We're having a girl, and already have a DD who is 3. I'm excited about having 2 girls, but I think my husband really would have liked a boy this time around!

Anyway, best of luck to the ladies on this thread. I had irregular cycles too and know how frustrating it can be trying to get your timing right!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks again cdro!
    Two girls is my secret dream
    Funny, you spend so long avoiding pregnancy and thinking that a sneeze in the wrong direction will get you UTD, and then you start trying and wham! You realise a butterfly had to flap its wings in the Amazon before you ovulate!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to MrsRB For This Useful Post:

ScubaGal  (20-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Extraordinarily clever MrsRB, hopefully it's a sign for us this time...so skip getting a period please and just be pregnant and I'll just be a couple of weeks behind you ! So that will be our plan, I'm excited!!

E2 - estrogen (totally not spelt right but you get what I mean). From what I understand on D1 of your cycle all your hormones are low and your E2 builds over the next 14 days until ovulation and then stops getting crazy high and progesterone kicks in...if you are pregnant the progesterone keeps rising (woohoo) and if you are not then you get a period around 14 days later (usually as you know)..for some reason in order for clomid to work you need some estrogen (which we had last time) because clomid helps by increasing your estrogen but this time when they checked my levels I had *no* estrogen for clomid to work so we now need to inject in order to make my estrogen rise and then hopefully get 1 big beautiful juicy follicle!!

No real idea why I'm being more difficult this time but they did do an MRI which shows that my pituitary gland isn't 'firing' properly which is why I'll never ovulate by myself anymore so at least we know that...I don't mind as long as we get another gorgeous bubby in the long run

Thanks
    Reviews
    How did you go today MrsRB?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry Buttercup - I've been meaning to reply but got all sulky! AF appeared four days ago so I'm quite cross. The good thing is that it means that DDs recent boobie-monster behaviour hasn't sent my cycle packing. I've got a blood test planned for tomorrow and an US next week to check out my innards.

So how are you post-O now?? Even if it sucks to have to do it how comforting to have some more certainty around your cycle. Hope you are feeling positive!

xR

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ah no!!! How frustrating, I'll uncross all my fingers and toes I had going for you and here's to the next cycle. Good work on the blood test and US, you might as well check these things...having kids does crazy things to our bodies.

No, not post-O or even close to it! Had a US this morning as I'm Day 20 of injecting so I thought totally there but I'm completely baseline, silly body hasn't even reacted in the slightest to all these drugs so upped the dose today and fingers crossed for some action towards the end of the week. In the meantime we just doing lots of practicing waiting for my body to cooperate, I'm sure the hubby doesn't mind

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh gosh I hope your body gets with the program soon! How frustrating. At least being so closely monitored you can try something new quickly I guess.

Lucky DH

I had my bloods done yesterday and re US booked for Friday week, so hopefully some information to process in the next fortnight or so. I'm so lucky that my GP is very proactive and willing to start investigations and referrals as soon as we told her we thought something was skewiff.

Hope there's an O soon! x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good morning MrsRB

Your GP sounds great! That is exactly what you need. When we were trying for number 2 our GP told us to wait it out...ugh so frustrating! Have you had results back from your BT yet or is your GP waiting for US for the full picture?

Well after a frustrating start to last week we upped my dose of FSH slightly and by Thursday I had finally started an upward move and had a US on Saturday and triggered ovulation on Saturday night. So all very exciting, I guess I'm in my TWW now. Trying to stay relaxed and positive...although I did look back through this thread and when we got my DD (who is currently wandering around with my car keys...I'm going to regret not getting up later...lol..) she was a 20mm follicle at the scan and this one was only 15.6mm...but who knows...they are the experts so I'm positive and waiting patiently

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh that's great! The TWW is awful but you're in it! How exciting! Do you think the follicle variation means anything in terms of the egg's readiness? Surely they wouldn't have suggested you trigger if it weren't ready.

Yes I'm waiting for an 'all in one' appointment with the GP to discuss bloods and US, so hopefully later next week as the US is this Friday. In some ways I'm worried that everything will be 'normal' because it means we have to wait through the loooooong cycles and just accept this could take a long time, although of course I don't want anything to be 'wrong' either!

Are you going to try to wait 14DPO to test? Or will you be too tempted earlier?? I would be POAS every day!