+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Very Hormonal, anything I can do?

Hi!

I'm about 6 weeks pregnant, and I'm stressing. It's not the normal pregnancy stress about the baby being fine and whether I'm ready for this and all that sort of normal stress, it seems to be like extreme PMS. A few days ago I was almost panicing because all my current baby's photos are on a USB drive instead of printed and saved somewhere safe (there are multiple backups of this USB drive, it was quite irrational). Hubby is in a tricky situation work-wise at the moment, and we are just breaking even, with plenty of opportunities for income coming up soon. Usually I might worry occasionally, not often, and only mildly until I came up with some ideas to help push our current situation along and remind myself that we're breaking even, we're really not in any trouble at the moment, just not comfortable. But I've been awake at night feeling sick to my stomach about it, as if we're about to lose everything and hubby is going to break down or something (neither of which are even close to happening)

It's very unlike me to be like this, like I said it's almost like an extreme PMS, and for my laid back self, it's really hard. I didn't notice it last pregnancy, but I had HG last pregnancy so I was too sick to worry much.

When not pregnant I would usually have taken st johns wort, which helps during unusually stressful situations, but I've read it's not researched, and potentially not safe in pregnancy. I don't like tea, and most those usual 'hot bath' or 'read a book' remedies don't work for me.

So I'm looking for something natural or safe in pregnancy to help stop the stress I'm feeling, or at least limit it. And I'm also looking for any women who have suffered a similar sort of hormonal issue in pregnancy, and whether it will stop! I'm kind of hoping it will settle by the second trimester.

Thanks
    Reviews
    just wanted to send you some hugs . Im a bit further from you an been the same of late.

tiggerfields is offline Priestess of Kult K'iesha... Mooo!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I'm a mega stress-head too so I know how you feel. Two things that work for me - the only things that really do - are yoga classes, and exercise. Either a resistance workout, or a long brisk walk. The yoga classes focus on breathing and relaxation in a way I can't do on my own, and the exercise evens out my mood with endorphins.

You could also try seeing a naturopath for pregnancy-friendly herbs to take.

Thanks
    Reviews
    When not pregnant I would usually have taken st johns wort, which helps during unusually stressful situations, but I've read it's not researched, and potentially not safe in pregnancy. I don't like tea, and most those usual 'hot bath' or 'read a book' remedies don't work for me.
    I took St Johns Wort in my last (4th) pregnancy and it was amazing, but on the label it says it has not been recommended. My GP was okay with me taking it, though I went on it at about 32 weeks-- I had become a horrible person yelling and stressing all the time.

Speak to your dr. and see what they can do.