+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Experience/expert answer needed-4 mo baby wants to sit a lot

Hi everyone,

My little one will soon be 4 month old. Started from two or three weeks ago, he wants to sit up a lot, in the pram, on my laps, then I bought him a Bumbo seat, he loves it. My concern is he s been sitting a lot every day. Almost all his play time, he doesn't like tummy time or lying down... His head is not too firm still. Will sitting up be okay for him? Though it's supported in the pram n on my laps???

Many thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I'm no expert but I have two kids. Both mine were the same. Loved to be upright. They were fine holding their heads up. When they were tired i knew because they would lean their heads forward.
    I wouldn't worry but I would still try to give opportunities for floor play. Ds2 could not be put on his tummy due to severe reflux till he was 4.5 months but when he could finally handle it he learnt to love it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I'm curious about this too - my DD loves sitting up & has for ages. Started out wanting to be supported as she sat up at about 3&1/2 months and now she can sit unsupported if you place her in a sitting position.
    My MCHN told me not to let her do it much though as it could be bad for her development... too much pressure on her hips & she won't do tummy time properly & won't crawl (which the nurse told me she must do before she starts to walk?!..)
    Not sure about supported sitting though? And I thought Bumbo's were supposed to be very good support for babies as well so I would think they were ok?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    my baby girl is nearly 5 months and the same. she has reflux and since she has been sitting up more over the past month or so, she is a lot better.

i think it's fine as long as they get time on the floor and tummy too. she hates tummy time, but i just do it till she cries as they do need to learn rolling over, holding their head up etc.

babywearing will also help them be upright and develop that extra bit of head control too.