+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Can a Woman Still Preg. if Her Partner Takes Synthetic Testosterone Injections?

Basically as the title says. If the womans partner/husband is taking synthetic testosterone and has been on it for a few years is there any chance of the woman falling pregnant if he stays on the hormone? From everything I can see online it basically says that he should be sterile? Anyone got any info or experiences in/with this?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Not sure if this is constructive, but my neighbours husband is on synthetic testosterone and they had no issues falling pregnant. That's all I know though, sorry.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Guest1234 For This Useful Post:

MellyMumma  (26-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for that Bell and Bug Very interesting!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    From what I understand is they were doing IVF too, and there was absolutely no issues with his sperm.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh ok. Most of the articles/forums I've read have said long term use makes them sterile but short term use and then going off it can bring the sperm back.

Thanks
    Reviews
    bump

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi MellyMama,

Yes it is possible although extremely rare!

A close family friends son had to have these injections from his early teens (he's now 37). He was told he would never have children when he was still a teenager. He now has a beautiful little girl who was conceived naturally (not planned but extremely welcome & loved), she's now 5.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to babybump08 For This Useful Post:

MellyMumma  (01-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Depends!

In my DHs case, nope its not possible because he has a chromosomal condition, and we were told that the injections pretty much kill the sperm.

However my sisters husband is a chronic user of the same drug my DH is prescribed, but uses it illegally for body building, and at ridiculous amounts! 2 vials a week...my DH is given 1 vial 12 weekly, and my sister fell pregnant accidentally.

Generally the prescribing Dr will have all the info

11. The Following User Says Thank You to RunningWithScissors For This Useful Post:

MellyMumma  (01-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Babybump08 and Runningwithscissors.

In this particular case the dr didn't give any info at all - just prescribed the drug. Its 1 vial every 2 weeks, I don't know what strength it is.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Do you know what condition it was prescribed for? You don't have to share that! But men with low sperm counts can pretty much kiss the last of them goodbye while on TRT

I know it can be prescribed at different intervals depending on the time it is needed..DH needs it for the rest of his life so is given a long lasting dose. You can get creams and gels to rub in too..I find it fascinating