+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Low Cost Doula Care in Sydney - with a catch

I'm an experienced Doula with nearly 19 years of experience. I'm looking for women in the Sydney East, CBD and Inner West who are pregnant, or who are trying to become pregnant. I will help women who are even in labour and realise they need a doula if I am available!

The deal is - My daughter is 17 and a half. She has grown up with a Doula for a Mother and has been surrounded by pregnancy, birth, babies and boobies since birth. In fact I was still working while pregnant with her so technically she has been immersed in birth since she herself was inutero! She wants to be a Doula. She has always known this. This year she will apprentice with me for work experience and for Mums who are open to her presence at prenatal meetings, the birth and postnatally. She will stay in the background - learning and absorbing. Or assisting me. You may choose for her not to be present if you have anything that you would like to discuss that is of personal nature (or very grown up women's business). But she must attend your labour and birth with me.

You will be charged for prebirth and postnatal meetings- 4 in total, and phone/email/text consults throughout your pregnancy and up to 6 weeks postnatally only - not for the birth attendance fee. You can borrow any of my resources, I will refer you to other services if you request it, and I will be on hand for chats any time throughout your pregnancy. Just like any other client. the cost is more than half the price of usual fee.

You may be giving birth in hospital, or at home. This might be bub number one or you may already have a tribe. But you must reside in the East, CBD or Inner West AND be giving birth in these areas. And of course you must be open to my daughter apprenticing with me and attending your birth.

Please pm for details.
    Last edited by BreithCuidiu; 24-08-2013 at 13:15. Reason: Had to change some details to reflect current circumstances

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Your DD is very lucky

Thanks
    Reviews
    Aww, sadly I'm 34 weeks, or I'd be jumping at this. Your daughter is lucky!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Due to overwhelming response from so many women I will be taking on clients at any stage of pregnancy. Please pm if you are having you live within the area outlined in the post and are absolutely happy to have my girl apprenticing with me, and learning from you.

Xox

Thanks
    Reviews
    Is Liverpool classed as inner west? (we live in holsworthy but will be birthing at Liverpool)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bump