+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Birthday Present ?? Is this rude or is it just me? LOL !!

So Dp got a text from his dad saying I have camera on lay by on at so and so and can we go put $$$ on it for him instead of a gift

Now normally, we ask Dp's mum if there is anything that the dad would like or needs for his birthday before we go out and buy something for him.

This year, we hadn't spoken to MIL about it and before we knew it 4 weeks before his Birthday he sent us this text.

When my Dp told me, I just laughed as I thought he was joking. I made some joke about having a lay by on at Big W and can he go pay that off

Anyway, it wouldnt of bothered me if we had asked MIL and she replied with the idea, but to message himself asking I think is quite rude.

I actually would love it if everyone pitched in and bought something big and fantastic for dd, dp or myself but it seems so un-personal to me

Am I the only one who thinks this ???

Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't know..
    I see your point but he really might think thats all he wants and so
    was being helpful.
    I am sure he knows you always ask, so this way it solves the problem.

sent from brain to Iphone to BubHub~ a game of chinese whispers.

bunkx is offline Being happy doesn't mean that everything is perfect. It means that you've decided to look beyond the imperfections
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I don't really think its rude I would rather get them something they want/need or put money towards something that cost a bit

This year my family are giving me money towards my layby (getting a braclet )
    Last edited by bunkx; 26-02-2012 at 16:24.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to bunkx For This Useful Post:

haveheart  (26-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Maybe it would have been less rude coming from your MIL, but he was probably just trying to be helpful.

Thanks
    Reviews
    yeah im thinking he knows you always ask so may as well tell yous while he remember.

i dont think it was rude at all

now if it was someone else & different situation then yes it can definitely be very rude. but not as it is.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I honestly wouldn't mind- I'd rather put money towards something I know someone really wants

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I'm kinda on the fence. Yes and no for being rude.

I like to get people what they want and usually always ask but to just be told would annoy me.
    Last edited by waterlily; 26-02-2012 at 16:36.

Ana Gram is offline 2008 WINNER - straight shooter award
    Winner 2008 & 2009 - Community Minded thread
    Winner 2009 - Mod Award - most passionate member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    It sounds like it is something he is really keen on getting. Personally, I would be fine with the suggestion as it is something he really wants.

Shortiii is offline Baby H v2.0 - Anticipating April release
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I find it more awkward when they don't want anything. My FIL gets angry when we do get him something... So I would much prefer he message us telling us he'd put something he really wanted on layby!

I don't find it rude at all... would take the stress out of buying something that you don't really know if they want or not, who cares if they say it or MIL.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We actually hardly ever hear from MIL or FIL. Only when HIS birthday comes up. Not very close at all to be honest, which I dislike greatly but they make no effort. And I'm sick of trying. Dp just isnt that close to his parents

It's only been once or twice that we asked MIL, what she thought. Prob should of made that clearer

But I'm still quite shocked that it came out of no where. But I do understand that he doesn't want any old crap and rather money went towards a new camera.

Just wish it came from MIL at least