+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default bit confused about what to do about tubes tied!!!

Well i am almost 28 and about to have our 4th girl via c-sec. I also have a kidney complaint that has always been present but only stuck its head up in the past year, but in my opinion, the kidneys wont be an issue to me at this stage..
    Hubby is 31 and we have both said we wont have any more kids, but we are on a farm and we both really wanted a boy to complete our family. We have accepted that we are having a girl and either way we are both excited about it. We have talked about having my tubes tied when i have this baby in May as i have a c-sec. I honestly thought i was fine with having my tubes tied, but now i dont think i am fine with it, its really upsetting me the thought that it is so final.. For the past 7 years our lives have been about having babies, getting pregnant and planning the next one. I understand it is unrealistic to have babies forever, but i feel it is the only thing we personally have that doesnt involve the family farm that i am not really a big part of.. He is against having the snip, infact outright refusal, but im not sure i am ready for either of us to make the final decision as i no i love babies and i think i would regret the decision. any advice would be great.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Having your tubes tied is something to get when you're 100% sure you don't want any more children.
    Me personally, I wouldn't get it done if I was still unsure.

Good luck with your decision and the birth of your baby girl.

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Firstly, lots of

I faced this very same situation last year when our 4th boy was born, I ended up changing my mind after my Ob pulled bub out during my c-sect, lol. My Dh also flatly refused to get the snip. For me it was simply the 'finality' of having it done, I just wasn't sure I was ready to accept that, so decided to wait & when the time came that I was dead set certain & prepared for it then I would book in to have it done.
    As it turned out the decision was taken away when I fell pregnant again 7 wks later, lol & we are now expecting a little girl

If you are not 100% sure, then dont let anyone convince you to go ahead with it, even if you dont want any more children. You can always go back at a later date to have it done but once it's done it's near impossible to reverse.

Good luck with your decision, feel free to PM me if you want to chat further about it xx

4. The Following User Says Thank You to 2BabyBears For This Useful Post:

laurea  (26-02-2012)

tiggerfields is offline Priestess of Kult K'iesha... Mooo!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    If you're unsure I would put it off. You can always get it done down the track.

Have you considered getting an IUD? I had a hormone-free copper Multiload because I don't react well to the pill etc. I loved it and would recommend it to anyone. Mine was $400 and they last five years so works out at $6.70 per month.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I agree with PP. if you are not 200% do not get it done!!!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to waterlily For This Useful Post:

laurea  (26-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Agree with everyone...if you arent sure dont do it because it is FINAL. I had my tubes tied after bubs #3 as we both agreed that there would be no more as I am 40 in March and DP is 43 and realistically for us it was time for to bring it to an end.

But even tho we were both 100% sure it was still incredibly sad in the following weeks to know that it is over. No going back if we change our minds and decide to try again in a years time.

So unless you are sure then dont. Besides you are still young and who knows what you may decide in a year or two.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I agree with what everyone else has said if you are not 100% certain then I wouldn't do it!!
    I just had my 4th daughter via c/s on Friday and had my tubes done but I was 1000% sure that I never want to be pregnant again and have no regrets!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    never understood why someone would do something that is so final

an IUD is such a better option either Mirena or old one

one old I would not recommend to anyone horrid thing I hated it but Mirena wonderful no period no babies to easy

DON"T TO IT would be my answer to tubes

Thanks
    Reviews
    I agree with most of the other posters - DONT do it unless you are 110% sure you are finished.
    To be honest, i dont think you can be sure of that while you are still pregnant. I say, wait until bub grows up a little, and see how you feel about another baby or a tubal at that point in time.
    DH had the snip when DS3 was about 8 months old, and while we were sure 3 is our lucky number with kids, we both still have days where we would like one more. In all honesty, i dont think i could ever feel really finished having kids anyway if only we were rich!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've always thought it's a bad idea to make a permanent contraceptive decision just as you're having a baby! Surely lots of people feel like they'll never have another one at that point in time. 2-3 years can make a world of difference to how you feel. Absolutely don't get it done, vasectomy is easy to do down the track if you still feel this way in 3 years time.