+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    DF lived alone from when he was 17, he is now 24 and very domestic. We constantly clean and I never have to ask him for help (with kids either), he always gets up and just does it and appreciates what I do around the house as well. He washes my car for me too
    ETA very anal about his lawn too, Im not allowed to touch it lol.
    Last edited by brooke88(mum2b09); 26-02-2012 at 17:10.

Thanks
    Reviews
    DH lived with his parents until he moved in with me, whilst I had been in my own homes for seven years. He could cook but was otherwise pretty clueless! He isn ok now, he doesn't do many inside jobs without being asked but he does do them well and he does all the outside stuff too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    DH and I balance each other quite well. He's naturally tidy and organised while I'm not, yet I have a horror of uncleanliness - so he tidies etc and I clean. Works well for us.

When we first moved in together he did most of the cooking, however, nowadays I do the bulk. This has evolved over time and it works really well for all of us.

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    DF admits he has never ever done housework, at best he vacuumed and tipped bleach down the loo before I came along, now he will vacuum and mop it doesn't really bother me, as long as he helps to pick up toys, do the dishes and the laundry I can handle being in charge of the bathrooms, toilets, dusting

Thanks
    Reviews
    Dh and I both lived at home with each of our parents and were building our house throughout our engagement which was ready to move in shortly after our wedding. So he had never lived out of home,however I did for a short stint a few years prior.

Dh does majority of the cleaning and I look after/play with DD and try to do the laundry and a few small jobs while he does the lot. It's like his stress relief at the end of the week. He went a little overboard today and cleaned all the blinds as well as the normal whole house clean. But I'm not complaining!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    DP has never lived alone. Nor have I.

He is probably more tidy than me.

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Thermolicious View Post
    DF admits he has never ever done housework, at best he vacuumed and tipped bleach down the loo before I came along, now he will vacuum and mop it doesn't really bother me, as long as he helps to pick up toys, do the dishes and the laundry I can handle being in charge of the bathrooms, toilets, dusting
    I should probably add, I'm happy with this set up because I would rather get the major things done while he is away so when he is home we aren't wasting days cleaning

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Thermolicious View Post
    I should probably add, I'm happy with this set up because I would rather get the major things done while he is away so when he is home we aren't wasting days cleaning
    See, I WISH DF would let me do the bigger jobs, so that it doesn't need to be done when he has consecutive days off. When I do do them, he just does them again.

And someone mentioned its a stress relief for their OH..I am starting to think it is for DF too, not like the laundry or anything but dusting, vacuuming and mopping.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Before I was pregnant I cooked and we both do cleaning in the weekends. When I got pregnant & had bub DH has been doing all the cleaning plus cooking for himself. We eat different things now because of my (weird) cravings. He does anything I ASK him to. Ie. I have to ask, but I don't mind

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Bell & Bug View Post
    See, I WISH DF would let me do the bigger jobs, so that it doesn't need to be done when he has consecutive days off. When I do do them, he just does them again.

And someone mentioned its a stress relief for their OH..I am starting to think it is for DF too, not like the laundry or anything but dusting, vacuuming and mopping.
    I do find it relaxing, when I dont have children 'helping' me!