+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Shortiii is offline Baby H v2.0 - Anticipating April release
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My DH does no housework/cooking ever. I wish sometimes he did, he just doesn't see the mess. When he does clean, like if I make him vacuum, hes sloppy. I am not a clean freak... but like it to be tidy.

It's frustrating because he doesnt realise the amount of work I put in and then him and DS mess it up in 10 minutes again.

Before we lived together he lived in his house, he had housemates and he paid his mum to come and clean his house.

Eko is offline Acrobatic Dominatrix.
    Winner 2012 - Most Politically Correct Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mystical mumma View Post
    Mine does mow the lawn and puts the bins out on rubbish collection day, apart from that unless I have a major tantrum he hardly does anything. I wouldn't mind so much but he is the messy one.

I will clean the kitchen, he will wash his hands and shake dry them over the bench & those little water droplets bug the cr@p outta me!

If I am sick, he does a great job of cooking and cleaning but if I'm fighting fit, he is lazy.
    I could have written that post! DH is a sahd, and I work full time. He does a few things regularly, he cooks almost every night and does wash my work clothes for me. But that's about it!
    The day after I came home from hospital last time I was buzzing around the house doing a massive clean up because the place was a MESS. Frustrates me to no end because like your man, he's the messy one lmao.

Thanks
    Reviews
    DH is not very good. He is a lot better now than when we first moved in.

He lived at home during his first degree, and only moved to college for his post-grad, but lived on campus in a catered and cleaned place, so pretty much you only had to clean your own room and do your own washing.

I blame his father. He is narcissisticc and has 4 sons. None of whom are expected to do more than maintain their own cars and rooms. MIL works two jobs (FIL earns a lot), does ALL the household work for the 7 people living in her house, with no dishwasher, no dryer etc because those "cost money" and are a waste according to FIL who has never lifted a fat finger to do anything. But car washes for his porsche are not a waste of money. grrrr.

Anyway, good news being that DH knows now that his parents are not how a marriage should work. He also has a job which means he usually works 6 days a week, 12 hours a day as standard (not overtime incl). So I feel like he doesn't have to do the big jobs, as he simply has no time, but I remind him all the time I only do everything because he doesn't have the time, not because it is how it should be because I am the wife!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Dh does everything I do except cooking..he tries, but is hopeless

At the moment he does most of the housework as I'm sure my little womb tenant is trying to kill me from the inside out

He lived at home until he was 24. His mother did EVERYTHING for him. I'm suprised she wasn't still bathing him and wiping his butt I had to show him how to use the washing machine, dryer, and explaining the sorting and hot/cold/delicate wash etc..even the basic things like stacking the dish rack in order, or stacking the dishwasher, how to wring out a mop and mop without soaking the floor, He still struggles to hang the washing, but I do most of that..for some reason I adore hanging it out so thats mine, mine mine!

DS is well versed at 12 on how to do all household chores. When he whines I tell him his wife will appreciate it one day

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Me and DH both lived independently for a long time before getting together then moving in.

When we were both working everything was 50/50. I worked mornings DH worked nights so it was pretty easy. When we first had DD he would do ALL the house work. Then hired me a cleaner when he went back to work. Now I do most of the cleaning. But he is really good. BUT his study is revolting!! I refuse to clean it haha.

He won't just do anything anymore, I have to ask, but there is never any dramas. I tell him what needs to be done then he does it, no arguments or dramas.

I will add he is very lazy if I don't ask him to do something, he just will not think to do it himself!!
    Last edited by waterlily; 26-02-2012 at 16:22.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My DH had lived in lots of share houses before we got together.
    In our household, I take care of clothes and food, including grocery shopping. DH does the floors (mopping and vacuuming) and most of the dishes and takes care of rubbish. We both do general tidying up and take turns doing the bathrooms.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    DP is brilliant when he is home (FIFO worker) he washes bottles, does dishwasher, hangs out and folds washing (I have to put it on though otherwise my whites go in with his blacks)

I do ALL the cooking because, as much as he wants me to let him do it, he is quite useless in the kitchen.

In saying that though, I do about 4 times as much every day that he is away, than he does daily when he's here...

ETA - he lived at home with his mum until I met him at 26 and we moved in together, but from highschool age had to do everything for himself. Laundry, cooking, cleaning etc. his mum is not good at housekeeping at all and now that both her boys have moved out, the house is terrible.
    Last edited by Turk EnJayDee; 26-02-2012 at 16:40.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    DH moved out of home at 16. He is great with house work

But also he grew up with a Dad with OCD, who would check he dusted the door frame when he cleaned the bathroom, so that might have something to do with it too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    All the men I have had relationships with were able to look after themselves. They have all cooked and cleaned. My current is much cleaner than me, he was head housekeeper for years at a result so he is super clean and very good at scrubbing showers thankfully. That's a job I never do.

Home, where my life lies waiting, silently, for me.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    DH moved out at 18-26.
    he does more housework than i do.