+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Default Your partner and housework

A lot of threads recently about partners doing housework (or not doing any) has made me wonder.
    Before you and your partner moved in together, did they ever live alone (without a girlfriend/mother)? And how are they with regards to housework?

DF lived independently from the age of about 20, up until I moved in when he was 26. He is great with housework, in fact he does more than I do.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Tech me and dh moved out of home and in together.
    Before when we were at home I did more than my fair share of house hold chores that mum had me doing. Dh did nothing he had spent his entire life doing no house work
    When we first moved together, before I committed to it fully I made sure that he could clean house and cook. Now he does more house work than I do. He can cook all our food and we both enjoy cooking. But I take responsibility cooking

Thanks
    Reviews
    DP lived out of home but had to move back in when we started dating. He knows how to clean, I do more but I prefer it that way. He does more cooking than I do and he ALWAYS handles doctors appointments etc and is a hands on dad.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Does more and is better then me at it. Once I finish work and have bub it will
    Be my responsibility unless it gets to much

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My DH lived out of home on his own for 2 years before we got engaged & moved in together...he's great around the house I only work 1 day a week but he still vacuums/mops the floors every Sunday

Thanks
    Reviews
    My partner is utterly amazing in a housework sense...def does more than I do. He washes the nappies 90% of the time, washes bottles 90% of the time, freeing me up to do abt 60-70% of the actual caring for our son. And giving me time to read and post in here. He looks after him the rest of the time while I try to sleep. I am the messy one (apparently), he is revoltingly clean and tidy. He cleans my clothes away before I've fully dirtied them, driving me nuts with all this over-organisation. At least one of us is like this, if we were both like me, there'd be crap everywhere.

I do have a nerve condition, and if he didn't do all of this, the housework would make my nerves worse, which makes it impossible for me to pick up bubs. So thank you, Ads.

Well, off I go to do the nappy wash for the odd occasion that I do.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My DH is great he cleans and cooks, I do all the washing. He works 6 days a week and still helps with the cooking , cleaning and general stuff. I'm very lucky

Thanks
    Reviews
    DH lived with his parents right up to us moving in together, this had no impact on his attitude towards housework. He is wonderful around the house and just does things on his own accord like the ironing, sorts the washing and puts it on, helps with dinner, vacuums etc. It's a pretty good balance when it comes to housework in our home, we just both help each-other, we don't even have to say anything to eachother, it just gets done and no one really does more than the other.

mystical mumma is offline * ʇı ǝןoʇs sǝıɹıɐɟ ǝɥʇ ˙˙˙puıɯ ʎɯ ʇsoן ʇuǝʌɐɥ ı *
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Mine does mow the lawn and puts the bins out on rubbish collection day, apart from that unless I have a major tantrum he hardly does anything. I wouldn't mind so much but he is the messy one.

I will clean the kitchen, he will wash his hands and shake dry them over the bench & those little water droplets bug the cr@p outta me!

If I am sick, he does a great job of cooking and cleaning but if I'm fighting fit, he is lazy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Strangely, my partner's mum did everything, including making his bed until he left home at 23, but he has aways done half the housework.