+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I am lucky enough to afford
    the fees and extras.

I would not ever judge another parent ability or choice to pay as its none of my business.

I also think its important to remember it is a privilege to be able
    to just pay them without a second thought.

sent from brain to Iphone to BubHub~ a game of chinese whispers.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Ishtyban For This Useful Post:

laurea  (26-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    OP you have the option to not pay the voluntary contribution, or use a non-government school where you know everyone will pay the fees.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I think education should be completely free.

Personally, I will pay, of course, but I don't think the system is fair.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    My kids are enrolled for a private school, so obviously I will pay the fees, but they also have a 'donation', which I will pay also.

Education is a right. It's a right kids can't provide for themselves and if their parents don't, then it's the governments responsibility.

Kimberleygal1, do you believe kids should miss out because of their parents circumstances or choices?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I do not think any child should be left out of any excursion or anything else in a public school.

it makes me sick to think thats kids are. I would be mad if it happened as i pay p&c fees for just that reason!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Come on... What is a price for our kids education. I am lucky my two kids it is $100 for the year but Really thats not much to ask over 40 or so weeks of teaching our kids!
    I am sure all schools would be happy for you to pay fees etc off... A Small amount each week is better than nothing at all.
    I think the topic of excursion costs is a very different one to school fees.
    Last edited by Missy2579; 26-02-2012 at 13:52.

Thanks
    Reviews
    yes but what if you have higher fees and no income?

then it is harder.

people are so quick to forget how lucky they are!

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ishtyban For This Useful Post:

LoveLivesHere  (26-02-2012),naebie  (26-02-2012),Stiflers Mom  (26-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I would like to think that everyone that can afford to pay the fees does thus allowing the school to be in a better financial position so that perhaps all children can attend school trips ect whether they can afford to or not. I understand some people can not ford them and I don't have a problem with that, but if I know that person is spending money Every week on booze and smokes I would expect they should be able to pay

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    But just because the parents are addicts or dirt poor or irresponsible, why should the kids suffer.

I don't think what the parents do with the money should prejudice children.

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MsMummy For This Useful Post:

LoveLivesHere  (26-02-2012),lovelymum  (26-02-2012),naebie  (26-02-2012),share a book  (26-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    "Should be free?":
    Well, yeah, it is, but the govt only pays the absolute minimum it thinks the community will tolerate, so if we want more we have to contribute.
    And seriously, at my daughter's school it's $100 per child or $150 per family, if you have more than one child.

Which isn't much, and further, they do make the point that if you can't afford the whole amount they would be pleased to accept how ever much you can manage. Or pay in installments.
    So I'm firmly of the opinion that parents should be able to contribute a little and be proud.
    I reckon I get good value for my two bucks a week. And I do get ****y when people refuse to pay anything because they say it should be free, even when they are totally capable of coming up with the full amount, for example when they spend that much on two bottles of wine.

(leaps down from her soapbox)