+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I'm glad I waited until I was 29, I really enjoyed being carefree and working in my 20s as I now have two different careers I can go back to (retail and real estate). Each to their own I guess.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lol thank you for your advice, and I already have a certificate in business, and two diplomas in beauty therapy and massage so this will provide easy part time work at home. I have four jobs, and two of those I can easily do a month or two after bub is born so there is no way on earth I'm dependant on my man . And hey it's never too late to study or build a career so if that's what you want then go for it

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Kayp View Post
    Thankyou this was an eye opener.. I have considered all of this actually I've never been the party type ever really . I'm glad you got through your hard times your an inspiration.
    Thank you. I dont see the point in sugar coating it- yes motherhood, parenthood, can be the most rewarding, amazing, breathtaking experience you will ever experience. But it can also be the most exhausting, frustrating, insanity inducing experince as well. Nobody really like to admit that they struggle being a parent sometimes. But the truth is we all do in one way or another, some more then others. I wish someone had of told me that.

DH and I still struggle sometimes- granted its nothing like when our first daughter was born, but we still do. Everyone does at some stage. Its never going to be perfect. Its never going to be like in the movies. Things will happen that you never thought could, or you didnt see coming it does throw everything you know out the window and you have to start again.

Witwicky is offline A closed mouth gathers no foot.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Deserama View Post
    I know you say there is nothing at Uni you want but can I make a suggestion? Please do something, study, start building a career. Please please please do not rely financially on a man. I cannot stress this enough! This is my one regret that I didn't do anything during those younger years, even between children I could have been doing SOMETHING.

Relationships end and people die and if you're left on your own with young children, no job, no experience and no prospects it is going to be extremely hard for you. Please start working on your back up plan NOW! Whether you decide to have kids now or wait....at least be doing something to build up a way to become financial independant. No not rely financially on ANY man!
    Yep, this is important for me personally. I studied and got a degree and started a career before falling pregnant.

When DH and I separated, I could have been up shizz creek without my quals...I was struggling on the parenting payment and had to start looking for work. There isn't a whole lot of work out there which doesn't require specific training or qualifications, and the alternative doesn't pay well.

I know it might seem like you will never separate, but I thought the same too. Anything can happen.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had my first 1t 19 (pregnant when I was 18) and I don't regret it as such...but once you have them, you can't give them back and I wish I had done more 'living' first. I'm in a very different headspace now at 24 than when I was 19.

Witwicky is offline A closed mouth gathers no foot.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I've already got two overseas travel adventures booked as saved for so I'm happy about that, and I've finished school and there was nothing at UNI that I wanted to study so that's over ad done with. I own my car already and my boyfriend bought a house and owns his car and everything like that so I guess you could say we are 'financially stable' . I'm just worried my friends will disown me because I chose to have a baby instead of it being planned like the stereotypical teenage pregnancies. My mum had her first young and do did my boyfriends so really there is no reason for them to be angry at us, I think :/
    Uni isn't the only way to get some quals behind you

Also...you said your bf owns the house? Do you own part of it?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lol thank you for your advice, and I already have a certificate in business, and two diplomas in beauty therapy and massage so this will provide easy part time work at home. I have four jobs, and two of those I can easily do a month or two after bub is born so there is no way on earth I'm dependant on my man . And hey it's never too late to study or build a career so if that's what you want then go for it
    Glad to hear it! Then you're well on your way. I know it's not too late honey, but it's a hell of a lot harder for me now than it would have been 15 years ago. By now I could be well and truly into my career had I thought ahead, but I didn't so I'm not.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Witwicky View Post
    Uni isn't the only way to get some quals behind you

Also...you said your bf owns the house? Do you own part of it?
    I
    Already have a fair few quals so I'm not worried about that. An Ed it is his house, an no I don't have half invade we did ever break up. But almost everything inside is mine so if anything ever does happen I'm not going without and starting at square one.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Also, I'd wait until I've been on those wonderful overseas adventures you have booked and then see how I felt then. You might go and have such a wonderful time that you won't want to have a baby just yet till you get the travel bug out of your system. Where are you going btw?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry my stupid phone predict a text!