Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Cats shouldn't have milk.

Sent from my iPhone using Bub Hub app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zombiekitty View Post
    Cats shouldn't have milk.

Sent from my iPhone using Bub Hub app
    Um... I already said they have Divetelac. Why shouldn't they have that milk?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bindi I View Post
    share a book, my cat was unwell when younger and the only way we got her to eat was cooking small pieces of chicken for her (this was challenging for a vegetarian, but it worked!!). I think the smell of hot food was enticing.
    Good luck.
    I'm taking her to the vet. She's not microchipped, so I have to get her done. She is fixed up. I'll see what the vet suggests, at the moment I have been putting food and milk behind the windows with her so she can have it. She must have come out overnight. I put a litter tray near her window and when I came out this morning it had been used. My other furbies slept with dd with the door shut, so it wasn.t them. Yes, my dog can use a litter tray lol.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by share a book View Post
    Um... I already said they have Divetelac. Why shouldn't they have that milk?
    that should be fine as it is a milk replacement specifically for cats etc

they shouldnt have cows milk, cheese etc as it gives them the runs, vomits etc and is not good for them.

can kitty lap and eat okay?

Sent from my T3020 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemmi View Post
    that should be fine as it is a milk replacement specifically for cats etc

they shouldnt have cows milk, cheese etc as it gives them the runs, vomits etc and is not good for them.

can kitty lap and eat okay?

Sent from my T3020 using BubHub
    Yep, I know that milk is fine. My kitten was an orphan raised by a foster carer, so he was hand raised on Divetelac. He took to food well, but when we went away he went back to the foster carer's house and she had just taken in a litter of 3 to 5 day old kittens who were dumped outside a vet clinic, so because they were bottlefed Divetelac, he demanded it too. Being the sweet and gorgeous boy he is, she couldn't help but give in, so he went back to being bottle fed Divetelac. I don't mind, he is 5 months now, and laps it from a dish. It's for any mammal really and the vet said it won't hurt my 2yo pooch and in fact won't harm humans, although she didn't recommend it, after using it herself (she's a carer too) in coffee

The new kitty is an adult, roughly 2 to 4 years old, but she is freaked out

Thanks
    Reviews
    Cats are actually lactose intolerant! Go figure the common myth with a saucer of milk!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by alisonc View Post
    Cats are actually lactose intolerant! Go figure the common myth with a saucer of milk!!
    I'm fully aware they are lactose intolerant!!

Today she is out, but only with the pooch locked up. She's had breakfast and is on my lap on the couch now.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow, excuse me, will keep my suggestions to myself in future. How rude.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by alisonc View Post
    Wow, excuse me, will keep my suggestions to myself in future. How rude.
    There were lots of exclamation marks in you post. The thread is asking what people feed their pets, not come in, assume I give them cow's milk when I never have, and tell me off for it. You wanna slam someone, at least read all the info before jumping to conclusions.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DaisyVB View Post
    When my dog was a puppy he was raised purely on Science Diet Large Breed Puppy dry food (and our leftovers). It has a high corn content which isn't good for Dobermans but when we switched over to Royal Canin we found that his pee was burning our grass so we changed back to Science Diet. We would buy the 15kg bags which cost us about $120 - $140 and would last a month.

Now he is 17 months old and we feed him Royal Canin Energy for Adults and it's around about the same price. We feed him about 3/4 his serving size and give him 4 - 5 frozen chicken necks and our dinner leftovers as well. If we give him brisket bones through the day he only gets half his serving size, 2 chicken necks and leftovers. Twice a week when we have roast dinners he doesn't get anything but leftovers as he gets half a chicken, heaps of roast veggies and sometimes if he's lucky he gets gravy as well... We love our gravy so usually there's none leftover haha.

We opted not to feed him supermarket brands. We might change once he's finished developing, when that comes I would go with Purina Supercoat Adult Large Breed which I believe sells for $24 for the 18 kg bag. Huge price difference but worth it imo.
    We get the burning grass prob with the biscuits too so I put a tablespoon of bicarb in their water bucket and that stops it.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to lulu 2 For This Useful Post:

share a book  (02-03-2012)