+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    When my dog was a puppy he was raised purely on Science Diet Large Breed Puppy dry food (and our leftovers). It has a high corn content which isn't good for Dobermans but when we switched over to Royal Canin we found that his pee was burning our grass so we changed back to Science Diet. We would buy the 15kg bags which cost us about $120 - $140 and would last a month.

Now he is 17 months old and we feed him Royal Canin Energy for Adults and it's around about the same price. We feed him about 3/4 his serving size and give him 4 - 5 frozen chicken necks and our dinner leftovers as well. If we give him brisket bones through the day he only gets half his serving size, 2 chicken necks and leftovers. Twice a week when we have roast dinners he doesn't get anything but leftovers as he gets half a chicken, heaps of roast veggies and sometimes if he's lucky he gets gravy as well... We love our gravy so usually there's none leftover haha.

We opted not to feed him supermarket brands. We might change once he's finished developing, when that comes I would go with Purina Supercoat Adult Large Breed which I believe sells for $24 for the 18 kg bag. Huge price difference but worth it imo.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by alisonc View Post
    Aaaahhhhhh!!! Dogs and casts aren't vegetarians or vegans!!!!!
    I agree about cats, but dogs can be. My brother has a 14yo vegan dog

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by avenew05 View Post
    Sounds so much like mine, big spooky baby! Aren't staffies gorgeous, they get a bit of a bad wrap sometimes but are so friendly.
    I would love a staffy. People think they are vicious, but they just look like they could be. They are really good family pets. My dog would love me to get one, but it's just not feasible right now. Enjoy your baby

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Oh, our 15kg bag only costs us $75, lasts us just over a month for 2 20-30kg dogs.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My kitten, our new adult cat who adopted us, and my dog all have Divetelac milk. I still haven't found what new puss will eat

Thanks
    Reviews
    My dog has chicken mince, rice and veg or occasionally supercoat tinned food. She has had a problem with pancreatitis so have to be careful about fat content of her food.

Thanks
    Reviews
    100% raw for the dog and pretty much 100% fancy feast for the (fussy) cat.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by HarvestMoon View Post
    Ferrets are awesome pets. They are funny little things. My likes to stash matchbox cars and fisher price little people behind my computer. Every now and then i will see her run across the lounge room with another car in her mouth.

She's really playful but also sleeps alot. They are like cats in that respect, they can sleep up to 20 hours a day.

What other pets do you have? Ferrets will attack rabbits and the likes. Our poor rabbit has been attacked.

If you are going to get one i recommend getting one from the ferret society in your state or somewhere that saves and rehomes. They will only sell you one thats suitable to be around children plus they come vaccinated and desexed.
    We have 4 sheep, 3 dogs, 2 kittens.. Would they be happy or would it be too much for it to cope with? Are they like cats where you can have them roam or do they need to be inside/caged?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by mylittlefamily View Post
    We have 4 sheep, 3 dogs, 2 kittens.. Would they be happy or would it be too much for it to cope with? Are they like cats where you can have them roam or do they need to be inside/caged?
    You can take photos of them and make your own counting book.

We have 1 ferret

2 kittens

3 dogs

4 sheep

5 ?? (you'll need 5 of something lol)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    We try and keep our dog ( Rottwieler ) on a strict BARF diet ( Bones and raw foods ) Usually Lamb Off cuts, Chicken wings, necks or drumsticks ( what ever is on special at the deli section of woolies or coles He gets a big meaty bone a week to chew on too. It keeps him at a nice weight, not to heavy because of hip problems in the breed, and not too light, and his coat is beautiful and shiney.
    Sometimes we give him the Rottwieler Eukaneuba dog food ( dry ) but that is usually only when we go away, so who ever is looking after him doesnt have to get all his meat out of the freezer in the morning to defrost for dinner time, and come back again to feed him in the evening, they can fill up his bikkies and water in just one trip a day...its easier in those circumstances

Dogs really arent supposed to have cooked meats, their bodies cant digest it properly, raw meats and unprocessed foods are the best for them.
    Last edited by MummyHas3boys; 27-02-2012 at 13:49.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast