+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default What do you feed your pets?

Our kitten started out on Supercoat dry food and Whiskas Kitten sachets, with milk 3 times a day. He now has the same, with milk once a day only.

My dog is also on Supercoat, and sometimes has milk to stop him stealing the kitten's milk.

What are your pets on, and how do you find it?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Our Dogs are on Science Diet. That's what they were on when we got them from the RSPCA so we just kept them on it, they seem to love it and they are healthy.

People often comment how shiny their coats are, not sure if that's the food or just luck

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Oh yeah, my dog gets bones, too.

Every type of food apart from Eukanuba, Science Diet, Supercoat, and Coles generic brand all give him the runs. He's not picky, he eats anything that looks like it can fit in his mouth, edible or not.

My kitten was hand raised and is only 5 months old, so he has what he always had at the foster carer's house. Even the milk is the same type.

earthfairy is offline Winner 2009 - Biggest Computer Nerd
    In Antarctica for 12 months.... I mean Tassie!!!!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    My cat is on a prescription diet as he has had urinary tract problems so eats wet food & biscuits only available from the vet....at a *cough* nice price of $32 a bag of biscuits, he better appreciate it!

My dog eats...well, my dog plus schmacko's for treats

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Our dog has advance dry food. She would eat anything but some other brands make her coat quite dull and don't seem as good for her. She also eats alot of human scraps as we have a 22mth old!

Thanks
    Reviews
    My cat had science diet.
    My dog... Well threw up everything until we gave her advance turkey and rice biscuits. Only ever dry dog food. Nothing else. Same thing every day with the odd treat. She's very healthy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We have
    3 dogs (13yo retired kelpie, 4yo Maltese x cavileer king Charles, 2yo working kelpie)
    2 kittens (6mths old)
    4 sheep

Working dog gets working dog formula
    Retired kelpie and little dog get dry bikkies from the vet (royal canine?)
    Cats get a variety (vet, Coles, whiskas etc)
    Sheep get hay, oats, lupins, etc

Thanks
    Reviews
    My dogs eat super coat. Only dry food with a mixture of bones and chicken necks throughout the week.
    They also get some human food scraps.
    The cats eat whiskas

Riiiiight.. there. Where I'm pointing. See it?
    Thanks
    Reviews
    cheapo aldi brand tins and biscuits. i'm thinking of changing that when this lot runs out though (i have a LOT stockpiled lol) to probably a dog roll from coles. now that i have a chest freezer and all.
    there are two reasons for this- aldi is what xp was buying so it became habit. the second is that her farts are absolutely toxic and she's in my bedroom at night.

i'll only do it if i can do it really cheaply though. she's healthy, good quality coat, never-ending energy etc. so there's obviously nothing wrong with the aldi food.

the birds. they all get, fresh every day: water, peas and corn, shell grit (except the tiel) and a red vege mix that i make. they also have pellets appropriate to their breed and size- chicken pellets for the jap quails and harrison's for the others in the appropriate size. they also all have access to a bird seed mix. which is like crack for birds so it's not easy to wean them off it. ideally they'd only be given seed as a treat.
    i also give the finches and tiel some grated carrot, alfalfa, snow pea sprouts, lettuce and capsicum (red) when i have it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Our puppy eats (so far)Coles brand dry food and can food. No issues as yet! And she is healthy.