+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Witwicky is offline A closed mouth gathers no foot.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by october View Post
    What do you do witwicky?
    [deleted for privacy]
    Last edited by Witwicky; 27-02-2012 at 01:00.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Witwicky

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Witwicky View Post
    I'll delete this later, so please don't quote
    Wow, that sounds like it could be a great and noble job, but I would worry about the risk of repurcussions from the odd disgruntled client.

PS: I assume the above is a quote that doesn't give anything away.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I just thought of another job that would be soul-destroying to me, and thus I would not want to do it - one where you have to say "no" to so many people who need you to say yes, such as ...

* an immigration officer that gets to make the final decision (or reccommendation) who to accept and who to deny, or

* an intake officer selecting candidates for a clinical trial - where all the potential candidates are looking at this as their last great hope.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Can't do: Jobs that appearance & communication skills are important like real estate agent, sales reps, politician... I'm not good looking & very bad at talking.

Don't want to do: Dr, surgeon, nurse, aged care, butcher... I feel dizzy when I see blood. I had my eyes closed all the time during my delivery, didn't even want to see my own blood.
    Last edited by lovesushi; 26-02-2012 at 23:09.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Childcare!!

BLERGH...snotty noses, vomit, poo, crying...stuff that.

Witwicky is offline A closed mouth gathers no foot.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I also couldn't be a hair dresser.

Oh and I couldn't do childcare either...I don't like changing my kids nappies, let alone strangers kids! Plus I wouldn't have the patience.

Hmm there seems to be lots of jobs I wouldn't do

Thanks
    Reviews
    I couldn't do anything to do with meat, so a butcher or abattoir worker, anything with major disgusting odours, or be on a crime scene clean up crew.
    Anything else would probably be ok, I worked in childcare for 3.5 years so bodily fluids are fine (maybe bar a lot of adult poo, it's the odour thing. Most odours are fine, just really overpowering stuff like adult poo is a no go ), and I'm not overly squicky, so I could probably handle most surgery/medical stuff unless it was super gross.

I've got one nobody's mentioned. Being on the transplant board, so deciding who needs a transplant more than others. Argh, I don't know how I could put the value of one human life above another, particularly if it was a really close choice.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Berrie View Post
    I've got one nobody's mentioned. Being on the transplant board, so deciding who needs a transplant more than others. Argh, I don't know how I could put the value of one human life above another, particularly if it was a really close choice.
    I think I covered that category of positions with the following post, even though I didn't include that exact example.

Quote Originally Posted by sweetseven View Post
    I just thought of another job that would be soul-destroying to me, and thus I would not want to do it - one where you have to say "no" to so many people who need you to say yes, such as ...

* an immigration officer that gets to make the final decision (or reccommendation) who to accept and who to deny, or

* an intake officer selecting candidates for a clinical trial - where all the potential candidates are looking at this as their last great hope.

Thanks
    Reviews
    So you did, I must have missed your post somehow.